Feature requests...

Post your suggestions for improving TVLobby here
kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:48 am

Actually, all it does is setup the lineup variable, then push a new set of channels to tvlobby.swf, which in turn queries the corresponding data... OTOH, your own change scene were most likely causing tvlobby.swf to use a new socket and thus lose the clientname...

I only started doing this yesterday in order to make the scene dynamically updatable!

It has as long as I can remember the socket numbering has been "unusual". I suspect you are right and it is a one time usage scheme, tears down the socket after sending the data and next use creates a new socket.
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:10 am

LAN host kg5000 is now rock solid, using setlineupfor~lineupname~{{clientname}}

Wireless host tablet is now rock solid, using setlineupfor~lineupname~{{clientname}}

Neither screen updates dynamically, but my change scenes force an update.

Thanks for finally sorting this out.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:50 am

OK now you have added favourites I decided to implement a cyclestates to change lineups as I have run out of real estate on my overlay now I can add more favourites.....

Now seeing some more weirdness. It seems there are is a timing issue or some code path weirdness.

I have highlighted on the event log what I am seeing.

When I see a blue trace the screen doesn't get updated and the plugin doesn't issue a init. In the plugin log no getlistings entry occurs. As can be seen two setscenes occur.

When the client screen does update correctly, I see the green trace and the init issued (highlighted red), in the plugin log a getlistings entry is shown.

Swapping back to the button on the overlay works 100% of the time. Again the init is always showing when using a direct button.

One more thing delete buttons on favourites/lineups doesn't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:52 am

kgudge wrote:LAN host kg5000 is now rock solid, using setlineupfor~lineupname~{{clientname}}

Wireless host tablet is now rock solid, using setlineupfor~lineupname~{{clientname}}

Good! I hate using the brute force approach, but "ya gotta do what ya gotta do!"... ;) Now remove the MLPause and Init command, if you haven't already done that.

Neither screen updates dynamically, but my change scenes force an update.

Explain again what and how you are trying to do that please... ;) If you simply add a button with the command MLTVLobby|SetLineupFor~{{lineup}}~{{clientname}}, that should refill the TV grid automatically. If you want to launch the TVLobby.swf with a specific lineup, pre-fill the variable tvlobby_{{clientname}}_lineup = lineup...

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:56 am

Nope, I know you keep saying it works but it doesnt on my system.....

perhaps this is again because you are using a local server client?

See attached.... Red entry shows mlserver processing setlineupfor and also plugin log for setlinefor....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:02 am

kgudge wrote:OK now you have added favourites I decided to implement a cyclestates to change lineups as I have run out of real estate on my overlay now I can add more favourites.....

Have you tried to have that cyclestates simply issue the proper SetLineupFor command?

One more thing delete buttons on favourites/lineups doesn't work.

Yes, I said so in the post with the file... I was getting sleepy. ;)

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 am

kgudge wrote:also plugin log for setlinefor....

Actually, your tvlobby.swf is not issuing a GetListings like mine after receiving the new list of channels, that's why it's not working... What is the date on your TVLobby.swf? Mine is from February 3rd 2007, if yours are older, make sure to reinstall the TVLobby client part...

perhaps this is again because you are using a local server client?

I can always install a client on my HTPC to test it out... ;)

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:17 am

same results as before not updating the grid. Updates the variable. setlineupfor~lineupname~clientname appears in plugin log.

No getlistings in ther plugin log.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:22 am

Same version here. I think this is perhaps another local client vs remote client issues.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:40 am

yep works on server installed client.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:43 am

HeHe, my cable channels dont show up corrctly on the local server client, one more for the list of fixes! In fact it makes a real mess of most listings...... best we leave that well alone.

:shock:

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:35 am

OK, I can confirm that on a non-local client, things are acting up. Basically, instead of using the proper socket and requesting a GetListings, communication is forced through socket 0 which messes up a few things... I will need to sort things out a bit. ;)

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:45 am

Version 3.0.65

- MLTVLobby commands sent from clients not on the MLServer, were wrongly routed.
Last edited by Fonceur on Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Now it works like you described!

My wireless client wasn't working but that was because upon awaking from standby it wasn't going back to online but remaining offline according to the server variables (no ip address), even though I had opened three mls files, modified two of them and saved them. The client status also showed online. Options startup disconnect/connect bought it back online and thus is now working. Are these TVLobby settings or mainlobby?

Very good work today!

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:24 pm

kgudge wrote:Now it works like you described!

Good! All that wasted energy due to a noob mistake on my part... ;) Since winsock.remoteHost wasn't returning anything, and RemoteHostIP matched LocalIP on the MLServer (duh), I had been using LocalIP, which of course never worked right for remote clients... ;) I was up to 3-4 work around as I screwed up the first one. For now I am keeping a backup work around, but I will probably be able to remove it later on.

My wireless client wasn't working
(...)
Are these TVLobby settings or mainlobby?

That's part of the MainLobby server/client relationship, nothing to do with TVLobby... ;)

Return to “TVLobby Feature Requests”