Feature requests...

Post your suggestions for improving TVLobby here
kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:09 pm

As requested PFA screenshot showing log entries in the plugin and my client screen showing the client name.

I looked at these before and they appear to be OK, although you are probably a better judge of that than me!

Note I pressed Cable, OTA then All. The TVLobby view remains showing all five channels throughout.

HTH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:34 pm

kgudge wrote:I looked at these before and they appear to be OK, although you are probably a better judge of that than me!

The problem is that you start on socket 1 (1 - ...), but the SetLineup are sent from a new socket (0 - SetLineup) without being recognized as such...

Go to the "more" of TVLobby.mls and increase the pause to 5 seconds (MLPause|5) and see if that helps (might need to close/shutdown to be sure). If that fixes it, then try to lower the pause...

Alternatively, you could create a MLServer variable: Client_of_{{LocalHostName}} = {{ClientName}} (i.e. Client_of_myHTPC = myClient1).

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:57 pm

nope adding delays doesnt help. server variable works for only client. i have four clients.....

each time another client wants to look at the pg....i need to reload the plugin.

:?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:14 pm

kgudge wrote:server variable works for only client. i have four clients..

So create 4 different variables, or are they all run from the same PC and thus have the same localHostName? This might explain why the Init isn't working in the first place...

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:12 am

Sorry totally miss read that command, corrected the server variables to read correctly and it doesn't work.

client_of_kg5000=kg5000

I even tried changing client name

client_of_kg5000=client1

The only way to make it work is to set it as I originally read the command.... my server is called kg3100, my client kg5000. I always use hostanme and clientname as the same thing.

client_of_{{servername}}={{clientname}}

client_of_kg3100=kg5000

This works for whatever client is set when tvlobby plugin is loaded. Changing this variable after loading of tvlobby has no effect (ie setting to the name of another client).

Therefore I can still only use one client.

This then works as I expected, when calling tvlobby from my cable page I get a view of cable programs.

The buttons on the page do not work dynamically, the page needs to be refreshed.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:19 am

kgudge wrote:I always use hostanme and clientname as the same thing.

Which goes back to the question, can you do:

client_of_kg5000=kg5000
client_of_kg5001=kg5001
client_of_kg5002=kg5002
client_of_kg5003=kg5003

Assuming the PC hostname of each client equals the MainLobby clientname. Or what about in term of IP addresses, does each ML client has it's own IP?

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:31 pm

Tried that, no joy.

Client_of_kg5000~kg5000
Client_of_stylistic-11mb~stylistic-11mb
Client_of_stylistic~stylistic
Client_of_nokia770~nokia770

I tried dropping all the {{ClientName}} references and is working on kg5000 going to try that on the stylistics and see what happens.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:05 pm

Yep, with a little bit of tweaking on the more and MLPause that is working. I noticed pressing launch a couple of times made the correct data appear, so increased each mlpause until it worked reliably for each client.

Stylistic running 54mb = 2, kg5000 running Gb =1, stylistic-11mb = 5, stylistic-11mb + rdp into kg5000 = 3.

Here is what I have in my current setup:

1 server variable for each client.
client_of_{{localhostname}} = {{clientname}}

3 buttons on my (currently) two channel scenes (one scene each for OTA and Cable channels).

1 button each for All, Cable and OTA.

Each button links to my cables.mls scene and issues the following MLServer command:

MLTVLobby|SetLineupFor~{{lineupname}}

Where {{lineupname}} = All, Cable or OTA.

Each clients TVLobby.mls, options, more setting has:
MLServeCmd.Macro|MLPause|{{delay}}!MLTVLobby|Init

Where {{delay}} is from 1 to 5 depending on network speed.

Would be nice to be able to have buttons on the TVguide to dynamically switch between all, cable and OTA but it works "as is", so I'm happy!

*****EDIT*******

Forgot to mention I think this wasn't working yesterday as MLMenu was loaded. I was getting some other weird startup issues which caused me to unload MLmenu.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:00 pm

Added hosts file entries for all the clients and servers mlpause is now at 1 for each client machine and still working as described.

Even tried changing client time and dates so it wasn't pulling cached data, still working as before.

Not sure why this has made any difference. Ping times are under 1ms for all hosts but hey if it works, it works. All clients are using manually assigned IP addresses and have DNS host entries including reverse lookups.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:05 pm

kgudge wrote:Yep, with a little bit of tweaking on the more and MLPause that is working.

Good! It took some time, but we got there... ;)

Stylistic running 54mb = 2, kg5000 running Gb =1, stylistic-11mb = 5, stylistic-11mb + rdp into kg5000 = 3.

Makes sense, the slower links are taking longer to get setup properly...

1 server variable for each client.
client_of_{{localhostname}} = {{clientname}}

In principle, the pause and variable do the same thing, but a little redundancy can't hurt. ;)

Would be nice to be able to have buttons on the TVguide to dynamically switch between all, cable and OTA but it works "as is", so I'm happy!

Isn't that what your buttons are doing? Not following here... Or if you mean a single button for all 3, then you could probably use MLCycle for that.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Currently I call tvlobby from my channel icon scene using link to scene and an ml serve command for the setlineup.

It would be nice to have three buttons on the tvlobby scene that change the lineup.

Currently the buttons work only if I use "launch" to refresh the scene or reload fx.

For now I have removed these buttons. I'm just happy it is working. :D

Cecil

How does one create Lineups?

Postby Cecil » Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:51 am

Some very nice new features in the newest versions of TVLobby. I particularly like the lineup feature. I have been playing with it for a couple of days and have it working correctly. The big question I have is there a way to manage them other than directly editing the TV.mdb?

Thanks,
Cecil

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Re: How does one create Lineups?

Postby Fonceur » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:36 am

Cecil wrote:I particularly like the lineup feature. I have been playing with it for a couple of days and have it working correctly. The big question I have is there a way to manage them other than directly editing the TV.mdb

Well, that first phase was about using the lineups (i.e. channel provider) as defined from the filling of the database itself. Most likely, what you want will be in the next phase, with the list(s) of favorite channels, which won't get wiped every time the database is refilled... ;)

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 am

Finally worked out why this is working....

SetLineFor~All

sets

tvlobby__lobby~All

This seems to work from any client, effectively bypassing the clientname resolution stuff and thus working of a fashion.

To recap I have client_of_hostname=clientname

I have hosts entries for each client in all hosts files.

DND resolution also works for all clients.

I also have init in each clients options, more. Increasing the timeout doesn't make things work like they are suppossed to.

Any other ideas on howto get name resolution stuff working correctly?
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:40 am

kgudge wrote:Any other ideas on howto get name resolution stuff working correctly?

Well, apart from putting pressure on Cinemar so they finally implement the changes to tvlobby.swf that I've been requesting over the last year, I am running out of ideas... ;)

Short of that, I will take another look and see if I can come up with a third work around to determine the ClientName...

Return to “TVLobby Feature Requests”