Feature requests...

Post your suggestions for improving TVLobby here
Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:08 am

kgudge wrote:Any other ideas on howto get name resolution stuff working correctly?

This won't solve the issue, but it might give me some ideas on how to work around it... If you could take some screenshots of the Log tab when using 2 different clients with the SetLineupFor...

TVLobby version 3.0.58

- Started to work on the Favorite list of channels. (not completed yet)

- Added more debugging information to help resolve ClientName.

EDIT: Hmm, remote host is not actually getting filled for me, which explains why I was using the local hostname... Hopefully the IP is more useful or having defined your host entries will help...
Last edited by Fonceur on Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:25 am

I am interested in seeing the results from 3.0.58, though I think I found out the issue. Since I was testing on a single PC, the notion of local and remote didn't mean much, but of course with multiple clients... ;)

TVLobby version 3.0.59

- Possible fix for the ClientName determination, when using Client_of_...

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:51 pm

TVLobby version 3.0.60

- The favorite list(s) of channels is working, though you can't actually save/load the list(s) between MLServer reboots just yet...
Last edited by Fonceur on Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:49 pm

Well you fixed it..... :D

At least from one machine!

Still not dynamic (buttons on the tvlobby scene do not cause a reload) but I believe a couple of "change scenes" may fix that.

Will report back shortly......
DVDLobby, MuL, JRMC, TV Lobby, DVD Profiler.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:41 pm

spoke too soon........ :oops:

Seems OK with only one client on the local network. Soon as you introduce another client (wireless) it all breaks. Suspect you fixed in one place but not all places.

I couldn't work out what the issue was until I added back init command then my old friend tvlobby__lineup re-appeared. And I'm back to removing {{clientnames}} again.....

At least now I can reload the page and it works OK by removing the {{clientname}} before it was hit and miss whether it would work.

Progress but not quite right.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:49 pm

So what about those screenshot to see if the remotehost is defined? ;)

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:15 pm

Here is some more information which hopefully will help.

I was doing a change scene, setting the lineup with clientname, another change scene.

This would cause the tvlobby to reload but not to show the correct lineup.

The lineup command is and always has worked correctly in that it sets:
tvlobby_{{clientname}}_lineup to the correct value. This was also reproduced in the plugin log.

I have now removed the clientname from the set lineup for command and I am just passing the lineup like before and now the log is showing the correct ip addresses. This sets tvlobby__lineup from each client and allows me to control the plugin.

This however isn't now setting the correct tvlobby_{{clientname}}_lineup. Not sure if it should, but thought I'd mention it in case it should!

However using this method I do have have full control, so whilst it isn't working "correctly" it is now working from both clients reliably and also at the same time. Which is massive progress. :D

I have two client of statements. Both using hostname and client names. No IP addresses.

Hopefully this makes some sense to you.

Also I have noticed that I presume the plugin is issuing a couple of setscene currentscene and and a tvlobby init.

The setscene will not reload the background FX, the only way to do this is to change scene to another scenen and then back again as I'm doing. background FX is only unloaded upon a change scene. changescene to the same scene doesn't work either. I did a save as tvlobby1.mls on my current tvlobby.mls scene, now I changescene to tvlobby1.mls, set a new lineup, call change scene back to tvlobby.mls. I did a saves as so the sceen redraw is the same scene which just causes a flicker. I might try a blank back ground scene but for now it works.

Rgds

Kevin

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:32 pm

Sorry was writing my follow up......your wish is my command, oh great one of the internet.

So two pictures of the log, the log entries with the red bits are with setlineupfor~{{clientname}}. This sets tvlobby_kg5000_lineup with the correct lineup name but the plugin doesn't read that value.

The other one obvious sets tvlobby__lineup since no clientname is passed and thus works in my current setup.

HTH

Let me know if you need more info.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:38 pm

Thanks for the screenshots, they confirmed what I thought, the remote host IP is the only reliable thing to use... ;) The remote host name is blank in there, like in my own tests. And of course the local values are for the MLServer, not the clients (works for a client on the MLServer, but...).

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:51 pm

OK, I think I found a robust way to get that ClientName. It goes something like:

Code: Select all

serverName = {{server_servername}}
maxClients = {{server_{{serverName}}_maxnumberofclients}}

Loop Number from 01 to maxClients
       clientName = {{server_{{serverName}}_client{{Number}}name}}
       If {{{{clientName}}_ipaddress}} = winsock.RemoteHostIP Bingo!
End loop

So it no longer requires any variables creations and can probably replace the Init too...

TVLobby version 3.0.61

- New method to find the ClientName.
Last edited by Fonceur on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

kgudge
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgudge » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:14 pm

what amazes me is, that the remote host name is already known, i mean it receives it, writes it to the log, then uses it to create a variable name with it. Then just when it comes to be usefull it forgets it! Also what is it with the socket numbering, #1 client, # 1 socket, etc, why use a random number each time? I know it isnt your codebase, but it really amazes me it ever worked with more than one client.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:14 pm

TVLobby version 3.0.62

- Removed some debugging text.

- Removed a double refresh when using SetLineupFor.
Last edited by Fonceur on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:25 pm

kgudge wrote:Also I have noticed that I presume the plugin is issuing a couple of setscene currentscene and and a tvlobby init.

Actually, all it does is setup the lineup variable, then push a new set of channels to tvlobby.swf, which in turn queries the corresponding data... OTOH, your own change scene were most likely causing tvlobby.swf to use a new socket and thus lose the clientname... ;)

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:39 am

OK, this should make for a workable list of favorite channels. Currently, you can't delete a channel or a list of favorites, but that should be added soon. I might see about reordering the list numerically, if you add channels out of order, but TVLobby.swf will display them ordered anyway...

Version 3.0.64

- Added the possibility to read the list of favorite channels.

Version 3.0.63

- Added the possibility to save the list of favorite channels. (TVLobby-fav.xml)
Last edited by Fonceur on Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:51 am

kgudge wrote:what amazes me is, that the remote host name is already known, i mean it receives it, writes it to the log, then uses it to create a variable name with it. Then just when it comes to be usefull it forgets it!

I don't remember if it's due to the socket expiring or if it's simply TVLobby.swf which is hardcoded to use a new socket every time...

I know it isnt your codebase, but it really amazes me it ever worked with more than one client.

Keep in mind that before I got involved, no functionality required the use of the ClientName. So all the clients had the same data and only global variables were created.

Return to “TVLobby Feature Requests”