Any Plans For Recognising ClientName?

Post your suggestions for improving TVLobby here
jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Any Plans For Recognising ClientName?

Postby jjjukebox » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:37 pm

I would love to see TVLobby capable of recognising the <<CLIENTNAME>> or {{clientname}} in the WATCh command.

My system primarily uses UMPC devices as clients and when I move from one room/zone to another with the UMPC, I select the room I am in and commands maps run are then based on where I am located {{{{clientname}}CurrentRoom}}

Based on this I could have the TVLobby WATCH command then route all IR to room specific devices and update channel & program variables for that room.

Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:42 pm

Added in Beta Version 3.0.26. Available through MLServer Additional software Downloads / Beta / MLTVLobby3.

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:55 pm

Great!

Got this to work by setting the Client_Of_XXXX variable when I enter my .mls scene on each client but the the <<CLIENTNAME>> in the WATCH command does not send the client name to my command map called in my WATCH command.

Had to use the {{client_of_xxxx}} instead of {{clientname}} in my command map.

Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Dec 11, 2007 11:50 pm

jjjukebox wrote:the <<CLIENTNAME>> in the WATCH command does not send the client name to my command map called in my WATCH command.

Yes, if you check the Feature request thread, I did warn about the command map and MACRO not being expanded until the actual execution and other possible issues... ;)

Return to “TVLobby Feature Requests”