MLTVLobby 3.0.18 BETA available for download

Please post general questions about TVLobby here
dwarfer

Postby dwarfer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:28 am

Has anyone got UK XMLTV listings working with the new beta version of TVLobby? My channel field for each channel is just populated with 0.

I am using MLTVLobby v3.0.18 Beta, MLServer 3.0.237 and XMLTV v0.5.48
Everything looks ok on the XMLTV side of things, the TVListings.xml file is generated by tv_grab_uk_rt and is located in C:\XMLTV\TVListings.xml

Attached is my TVListings.xml file that gets used.

The problem seems to be in the TV Listings Updater application in that data is not populated into the TV.mdb file, looking at this file in Access it seems that in the Tblchannel table channelDisplayNumber field has ‘0’ for each entry and channelDIsplayName is empty, but the ChannelID field is populated with for example ‘1.sports.sky.com’

I have also noticed a load of errors as TV Listings Updater merges the data into the TV.mdb, I get errors the following error many times with different id's

WalkChildren Error #91 - Object variable or With block variable not set, TVListings

Any body any ideas? I''d love to get this working.

Thanks

oaserani

Movies and Sports

Postby oaserani » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:23 pm

Got the plugin working great. I can confirm. Definitely go to C:\XMLTV -- else, it is a disaster.

Any way to get movies and sports working again? I think this stopped working a couple of updates ago (before the ZAPIt fiasco, while Zapit was still working). Actors still works, but it would be great to get the other two buttons (Movies and Sports) working again, as right now they are useless in the SWF. Actors, interestingly enough, still works.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Re: Movies and Sports

Postby Fonceur » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:37 pm

oaserani wrote:Any way to get movies and sports working again?

My guess is that you are not using the English (US) Regional settings... The TVLobby code for Movies/Sports assumes it and fails otherwise (probably a bad date format when performing the database query)... Go add a post to my bug report... ;)

deanb2

Postby deanb2 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:40 pm

dwarfer wrote:I have also noticed a load of errors as TV Listings Updater merges the data into the TV.mdb, I get errors the following error many times with different id's

WalkChildren Error #91 - Object variable or With block variable not set, TVListings

I had a bunch of these errors at one point after installing and reinstalling various versions of the TVLobby and BeyondTV plugins.
I think that I had to reboot to fix it all finally - Probably some leftover bits from a previous dll in memory.

So if you haven't already, reboot, reinstall TVLobby and try again.

Dean

oaserani

Movies and Sports

Postby oaserani » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:20 pm

I've always had my puters set for ISO date/time formtas....and I know that Movies/Sports worked at some point. Did the plugin code change that drastically that it took the easy way out on date/time? Hard to believe

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Re: Movies and Sports

Postby Fonceur » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:24 pm

oaserani wrote:Did the plugin code change that drastically that it took the easy way out on date/time? Hard to believe

Well, I know that previous versions would not import data from zap2it without using English (US) settings, so that wouldn't surprise me... ;) I would suggest trying to change your regional settings to English (US), relaunch TVLobby and the Sports/Movies will probably work again... ;)

oaserani

Movies Sports

Postby oaserani » Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:17 am

Fonceur -- regional settings on Server, Client, or both?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Re: Movies Sports

Postby Fonceur » Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:09 am

oaserani wrote:Fonceur -- regional settings on Server, Client, or both?

Hmm, start with both, though it's probably on the server that everything happens...

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:38 pm

dwarfer, please email me one of your TVListings.xml files. It wasn't attached in the message. There must be a difference in your listings that I need to compensate for. You shouldn't be seeing any errors. Different grabbers may produce slightly different XML files that will have to be compensated for in the plugin. Same thing holds true for embedded dates in the listings. Once I see the raw XML I'll know how to solve the issue.

oaserani

Movies and Actors

Postby oaserani » Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:17 am

Both server and client have regional settings et to English (US), and still no movies an actors. Dave: any other thoughts? You have my XML.

oaserani

Movies and Sports

Postby oaserani » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:41 am

Forced English (US) Regional settings on both server and client again, making sure that the date format went back to the its default (mm/dd/yy). Mine was still carrying the yyyy/mm/dd ISO format that I use on all machines. Movies and sports are now back, but can't tell if it's the server of the client that needs the regional date change.

jackpod
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jackpod » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:47 pm

ok, as always I am late in the game to let things settle down. I've read thru the threads and I am thoroughly confused. I looked at beyond tv, but I am out of PCI slots, I have only direcTV and so the USB option is out, looked at the schedules direct but that looks really confusing. What is upcoming? what are my options?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:47 pm

TVLobby's original data source decided to go to a pay per view model that a coalition of "free" TV PVR software groups have coordinated a fee based (minimal) guide content provider.

If you want to record TV shows either from an over the air or cable TV, then you would want to put together a Personal Video Recorder Server. Ideally, this is a stand alone box in your basement that is full of hard drives and runs as a "headless" server capturing your TV shows. Same server could be your media storage server. Multiple TV tuner cards.

This server would have BeyondTV Server software on it.

The new MLBeyondTV MLServer3 plugin would connect to BeyondTV software and you can then get a two way control and status of what is going to record, what you want it to record. Since BeyondTV has a tv guide data source, that source is then used to update the TVLobby database so TVLobby can be used to browse what's playing on live TV.

If PVR is not wanted or needed, and you live outside of the USA, then TVLobby can get it's guide data updated via "XMLTV" which is a data grabbing source that pulls guide data from free sources for many countries. Setup takes about 15 minutes and is covered in the TVLobby documentation Wiki. It also technically works with the SchedulesDirect.org provided data, but there is a gray area around the licensing of this data in the US.

cborod
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby cborod » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:24 pm

fwiw, i jumped for the beyondtv solution because i wanted a pvr other than my d*tv dvr. I found beyondtv's web scheduling and cool custom features are very attractive.

Verdict? btv works g-r-e-a-t! there is a usb tuner available for the open slots issue, but you probably want btv on its own server anyway (internal card becomes viable again). it will run on your mlserver, but for all the video features as well as smooth reproduction i think you will want btv on its own box.

BUT....you don't need a recorder to make it work. it can do just tv listings albeit at a subscription fee.....

however....the ability to stream video to any pc in the house, stream to appletv and the convergence of tv<>pc, (there's a pc attached to every lcd panel in my house) makes this a very attractive solution.

btw, some ground breaking scene design tactics too.....give it a look~!

my $.02
ChrisB

Wysocki
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Wysocki » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:26 pm

smoothtlk wrote:If PVR is not wanted or needed, and you live outside of the USA, then TVLobby can get it's guide data updated via "XMLTV" which is a data grabbing source that pulls guide data from free sources for many countries. Setup takes about 15 minutes and is covered in the TVLobby documentation Wiki. It also technically works with the SchedulesDirect.org provided data, but there is a gray area around the licensing of this data in the US.

I'm confused about this SchedulesDirect snafu. They charge a membership fee to download their data so why should they care if the app that does it is Open Source or not? Pretty self-righteous for a "non-profit" group that takes money for public information.

Also, the xmltv.org website states that coverage includes North America, so why is "outside the USA" in the quote above? Bottom line, is the new plugin able to give me my listings without having to pay more for the listing service? The wiki conveys that I must buy one of the two services.

Return to “TVLobby Questions & Answers”