TVLobby pasing incorrect {{clientname}}

Please post general questions about TVLobby here
digitaltrader

TVLobby pasing incorrect {{clientname}}

Postby digitaltrader » Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:07 pm

I have 2 instances of mainlobby running on a single machine. One instance is seen as OfficeLCD by mlserver and the other is seen as TheaterLCD. Unfortunately using the following command withing the TVLobby plugin results in both instances being seen as TheaterLCD. All other plugins pass the correct {{Clientname}} variable. I assume this has to do with the <<clientname>> syntax used in TVLobby:

REPEAT:MLGC100|SendIR~{{tv_<<clientname>>_activedevice}}~<<ChannelDigit>>:delay~.4

Any suggestions on how to correct this error?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Re: TVLobby pasing incorrect {{clientname}}

Postby Fonceur » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:21 am

digitaltrader wrote:I have 2 instances of mainlobby running on a single machine.

Hmm, yeah that's a problem as I extract the ClientName from the IP, but in your case they both have the same IP...

All other plugins pass the correct {{Clientname}} variable.

The problem in this case is that the tvlobby.swf is not passing the actual clientname, and keeps recycling the winsock connection, so it's a real pain to find out which client is doing what. I did suggest a fix that would have taken Cinemar 30 seconds to implement and saved me hours of work around, but that was a year and half ago...
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:50 am

Cinemar, anyway to get some needed updates to TVLobby? How about just the simple fix mentioned here?

TVLobby seems to have major potential but just needs a little revamp. I understand after the zapit guide was lost it was abandoned until the beyondtv/sagetv plugin were released. However there is now the xmltv guide which should bring users back to this product.

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:16 pm

Cinemar - can you PLEASE look at this and fix the fact that the SWF does NOT pass the {{ClientName}} to MLServer?

Its a big issue for me as I can not use my touchscreens to select a show to watch.

The SWF is 4 years old - is this something you can fix?

Frank

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:30 pm

I think Tallus created a workaround in MLTVLobby...you might want to look at those threads. I think 3.0.71 is Tallus's modified latest (not positive, just the version I am running).

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:48 pm

I would like to re-introduce a version of TVLobby that eliminates the old swf all together and do everything in server variables. XMLTV would still be required to grab the listings for your area. Some internal R&D has to be completed to prove how feasible this would be.

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:09 am

OK,

I got it to work.

Not sure how it fixed it but 2 things I did:

1) I am using Tallus ver 3.0.71 of MLTVLobby plugin
2) I swutched from using {{Clientname}} to <<ClientName>> in the TVLobby plugin.

Thanks
Last edited by fnkpet on Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:16 pm

No prob.
Glad it helped you.
David

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:53 pm

Dave,

I spoke too soon. Was testing it last night on second touchscreen and it appears that the clientname is not being passed correctly (yet).

I will continue to look at the tallus stuff but Im also starting to think workaround.

Here is a question.

Can I 'call' that watch command that is on the (local) SWF from a main lobby button?
What Im thinking of doing is putting a button directly over the existing watch button. That way ML server will 'know' which touchscreen is passing the command, but it will only work if I call call / exectue the watch command that is on that touchscreen as well.

Thanks

jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby jjjukebox » Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:54 pm

I am usining TVLobby 3.0.70 and this is an example of my Watch command using <<ClientName>> and everything works OK:

Macro|SetVariable|{{<<ClientName>>CurrentRoom}}TVGuideChannelDigit1~<<CHANNEL1>>!SetVariable|{{<<ClientName>>CurrentRoom}}TVGuideChannelDigit2~<<CHANNEL2>>!SetVariable|{{<<ClientName>>CurrentRoom}}TVGuideChannelDigit3~<<CHANNEL3>>!SetVariable|{{<<ClientName>>CurrentRoom}}TVGuideChannelDigit4~<<CHANNEL4>>!HomeTek.TVGuide.WatchChannel{{<<ClientName>>CurrentRoom}}!MLTVLobby|UpdateNowPlaying~<<CHANNEL1>><<CHANNEL2>><<CHANNEL3>><<CHANNEL4>>

Make sure you have the "Fill theTVLobby_ClientName_* variable on selection" checked in the plugin to get the variables by client.

Later
J.J. Jukebox

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:07 am

Im still having problems.

I have updated to Tallus ver 3.0.71 FYI.

Oddly - over the last week it has worked for periods of time then not again.

My TV lobby watch command is

MLServeCmd.MLDirecTVIP|{{directv_activedvr_<<Clientname>>}}~SetChannel~<<channel>>

see screen shot.
Although I am sending the command from Client Touch2 it registers as coming from Client Touch5 (which BTW is the other touchscreen I have TVLobby on).

Again - sometimes its registers correct (as coming from Touch2) but then does not work again.

FYI - before I updated to Tallus .71 the actual Cilent Field (collumn) in the events log would always show blank.

I also tried having the command "MLServeCmd.Macro|MLPause|1!MLTVLobby|Init" in the scene startup options as I saw in some posts that that was required but does not seem to help. is that an init file I can edit? - not sure where it is.

Other ideas I have is purchasing Sage or BeyondTV plugin - though I woul not be using the PVR function if it got TVlobby to work correctly I think id be happy - does that pass client?

Any Ideas I would appreciate......

Frank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:40 am

fnkpet wrote:Although I am sending the command from Client Touch2 it registers as coming from Client Touch5 (which BTW is the other touchscreen I have TVLobby on).

Well, if both touchscreens are run from the same PC and don't have independent IP, that might be the issue... The trick I used in that case might be failing, and short of Cinemar doing it on their end, as per my recommendations of over 3 years ago, I'm not sure there is much that can be done. If you dig up the old threads about clientname, I seem to remember that a previous method that was less automated, but might still work.

I also tried having the command "MLServeCmd.Macro|MLPause|1!MLTVLobby|Init" in the scene startup options as I saw in some posts that that was required but does not seem to help. is that an init file I can edit?

No, that's inside the plugin. As mentioned on the wiki, you could try increasing the MLPause|1 to a bigger value, to give a bigger delay for the trick to try to figure out the clientname.

Other ideas I have is purchasing Sage or BeyondTV plugin - though I woul not be using the PVR function if it got TVlobby to work correctly I think id be happy - does that pass client?

Unfortunately that wouldn't help with that specific problem.
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:45 am

Fonceur wrote:Well, if both touchscreens are run from the same PC and don't have independent IP, that might be the issue... The trick I used in that case might be failing, and short of Cinemar doing it on their end, as per my recommendations of over 3 years ago, I'm not sure there is much that can be done. If you dig up the old threads about clientname, I seem to remember that a previous method that was less automated, but might still work.

They are seperate IP's and computers. Ill look for thread re client name but if anyone has a workaround / trick Id love to hear it

ALso - I tried pause at 2 (not 1), no help.

Other ideas anyone?

Thanks

Frank

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:14 am

You could try increasing the delay even more... As for the thread I was talking about, it's this old thread.

The fall back method being to define the MLServer variable:

{{Client_of_{{LocalHostName}}}} = {{ClientName}}

So if the MLServer clients are dellHA, dell_laptop, and dell_bedroom, while the PC's name are Mainlobby1/2/3, you would use:

Client_of_Mainlobby1 = dellHA
Client_of_Mainlobby2 = dell_laptop
Client_of_Mainlobby3 = dell_bedroom

fnkpet
Expert
Expert

Postby fnkpet » Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Thanks - I did find that thread yeterday and have been trying it. Its hard to tell if it is working as it tends to work ok then not ok (its ok for now)

Question - whats the purpose of the 'Client_of...." varibales?

do you just set them and stuff works or do you have to refer to them somewhere?

Also - assume I ste those vaiables on the main MLServer (not the local 0 license mlservere)

Frank

Return to “TVLobby Questions & Answers”