Making new channel filters

Please post general questions about TVLobby here
digitaltrader

Making new channel filters

Postby digitaltrader » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:46 pm

How do I make new channel filters so I can easily see all HD channels, or all childrens channels etc?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:35 pm

From the wiki:

Using lineups

Starting with the 3.0.67 release, it is possible to restrict the displayed channels according to lineups, based on the command:

MLTVLobby|SetLineupFor~{{Lineup}}~{{ClientName}}

where Lineup can be one of the "channel providers" as defined in the TVLobby database file (MLServer\Data\tv.mdb), or one of the list of favorite channels created in the MLServer/View/Plugins/MLTVLobby/Settings/Lineups section. Using "" or "All" will revert to no filtering.
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer
TRadio: Sirius/HD/XM radio - TChart: Chart from variable Wiki

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:07 am

I'm sorry I didn't clearly explain myself. My understand is that once I add a lineup, the user will only be able to see those channels. Is there a way to allow a user to see all the channels but at the touch of a btton have them filtered. For example, if he wants to see all HDTV channels or all Children's TV channels etc?

If the lineup scenario is capable of this, what is the command to use on the button press?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:52 am

Re-read the part that I quoted from the wiki, it's all in there...
MLComDevice: Control serial/TCP device (ASCII/hex) - MLSchedule: Alternative to MLScheduler
MLBeyondTV and MLSageTV: PVR support - TChanger: Sony BDP-CX7000ES 400 disc Bluray changer

digitaltrader

Postby digitaltrader » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:47 pm

Ok I figured it out. Thanks!

Is there anyway to remove the hard coded buttons and allow a cyclestate option for channel filters so we can choose from 10 or so different channel options?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Unfortunately, the hard coding is in the tvlobby.swf file. You could probably put your own buttons on top, or some un-clickable image to cover them...

Return to “TVLobby Questions & Answers”