WATCH command wont stick

Please post general questions about TVLobby here
jjjukebox
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

WATCH command wont stick

Postby jjjukebox » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:24 am

Is there any way to extend the length of the WATCH command as mine get truncated evertime I reload MLServer.

My command is:
Macro|SetVariable|{{<<CLIENTNAME>>CurrentRoom}}TVGuideChannelDigit1~<<CHANNEL1>>!SetVariable|{{<<CLIENTNAME>>CurrentRoom}}TVGuideChannelDigit2~<<CHANNEL2>>!SetVariable|{{<<CLIENTNAME>>CurrentRoom}}TVGuideChannelDigit3~<<CHANNEL3>>!HomeTek.TVGuide.WatchChannel!MLTVLobby|UpdateNowPlaying~<<CHANNEL1>><<CHANNEL2>><<CHANNEL3>>

Also, does the UpdateNowPlaying get done automatically on WATCH or d I need to keep that in?

Many Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Re: WATCH command wont stick

Postby Fonceur » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:46 am

jjjukebox wrote:Is there any way to extend the length of the WATCH command as mine get truncated evertime I reload MLServer.

When I looked at it, it seemed to be a problem with the standard Windows API call to read back from ini files, not sure that I can do much about it.

Also, does the UpdateNowPlaying get done automatically on WATCH or d I need to keep that in?

You can remove it, it is automatically done. Will that solve the length issue or will the command still be too long?

jjjukebox

Postby jjjukebox » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:02 am

I will try removing part of it.

Some of the other lobbys now store the commands and read it from the .mdb file. Is that not possible with TVLobby?

Thanx
J.J. Jukebox

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:35 am

jjjukebox wrote:Some of the other lobbys now store the commands and read it from the .mdb file. Is that not possible with TVLobby?

That is one possibility, though what I had in mind was to simply split the line in 250 characters, as I assume you are hitting some 256 characters limit in "WatchChannel".

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:05 pm

Version 3.0.36 (available soon) will split the command in 2 x 250 characters sub-commands, so it should work fine.

Return to “TVLobby Questions & Answers”