TVLobby Suggestion

Please post general questions about TVLobby here
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

TVLobby Suggestion

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:12 am

I use a fairly long command to change channels with TVLobby because I use it to change channels on different tvs in my house. I don't know why, but the channel change command gets cut off after an upgrade and I have to reload it. Anyway, what I was hoping for was if TVLobby could be set uo to use the Macro Commands that way hopefully if I do have to reload it, all I will have to do is put the macro command back in.

Thanks

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:29 am

Use a command map?

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Re: TVLobby Suggestion

Postby Fonceur » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:44 am

First of all, there is a forum for TVLoby suggestions... ;)

sonypoolplr wrote:I don't know why, but the channel change command gets cut off after an upgrade and I have to reload it.

I am assuming that you mean a MLServer upgrade, if so that would point out a problem with the MLServer command which reads/writes to the MLServer.ini file, and that's where the bug should be reported, as it's likely to be affecting other configuration items too... ;)

Anyway, what I was hoping for was if TVLobby could be set uo to use the Macro Commands

I have no clue if it's possible to get access to the interpreted value of a MACRO directly from an application... If so, then it should be possible. Otherwise, it should be possible to read the MACRO definition straight from the database and use it, but I'm not sure that everything would get interpreted properly... Mind posting your Watch command?

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:36 am

smoothtlk wrote:Use a command map?

Not sure I follow. Can you elaborate?

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:38 am

Put your Watch command into a MLServer command map. then, from the TVLobby plugin, you just invoke that command like {{my command}}

Without knowing what is in your command, hard to say if this is viable.

You might have to do a Macro.SetVariable|Channeldigit1~{{channel1}}! channel2 stuff!{{my command}}
or something like that in the TVLobby command.

sonypoolplr

Re: TVLobby Suggestion

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:44 am

Fonceur wrote:First of all, there is a forum for TVLoby suggestions... ;)

sonypoolplr wrote:I don't know why, but the channel change command gets cut off after an upgrade and I have to reload it.

I am assuming that you mean a MLServer upgrade, if so that would point out a problem with the MLServer command which reads/writes to the MLServer.ini file, and that's where the bug should be reported, as it's likely to be affecting other configuration items too... ;)

Anyway, what I was hoping for was if TVLobby could be set uo to use the Macro Commands

I have no clue if it's possible to get access to the interpreted value of a MACRO directly from an application... If so, then it should be possible. Otherwise, it should be possible to read the MACRO definition straight from the database and use it, but I'm not sure that everything would get interpreted properly... Mind posting your Watch command?

Sorry I noticed the suggestion forum after I posted this. I am not sure what causes the loss. This time I went to the beta of TVLobby and also the lastest of MLServer (.387)

Here is the command I am using:
Macro|MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##10##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Living_TiVO,<<CHANNEL1>>,<<CHANNEL2>>,<<CHANNEL3>>,<<CHANNEL4>>##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##20##MLHSPLugin|HS_SendIR:rca-ez1,<<CHANNEL2>>,<<CHANNEL3>>##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##30##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Living_TV,<<CHANNEL1>>,<<CHANNEL2>>,<<CHANNEL3>>,<<CHANNEL4>>##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##40##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Dale_TV,<<Channel2>>,<<Channel3>>##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##50##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:cable,<<Channel1>>,<<Channel2>>,<<Channel3>>,Enter##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##70##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Masterbed_DVD,<<Channel1>>,<<Channel2>>,<<Channel3>>,Enter##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##80##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Basement_DVD,<<Channel1>>,<<Channel2>>,<<Channel3>>,Enter##

Thanks.

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:53 am

smoothtlk wrote:Put your Watch command into a MLServer command map. then, from the TVLobby plugin, you just invoke that command like {{my command}}

Without knowing what is in your command, hard to say if this is viable.

You might have to do a Macro.SetVariable|Channeldigit1~{{channel1}}! channel2 stuff!{{my command}}
or something like that in the TVLobby command.
What the smooth one said...this is what I am doing: http://www.cinemaronlineforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4264&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=76

I am only controlling 1 TV right now, so I don't have any logic in there to deal with sending the command to a specific TV...although I do send commands to different DirecTV boxes with some modifications since the linked post was made.

Good luck.
Murray

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:59 am

Macro|SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel1~<<CHANNEL1>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel2~<<CHANNEL2>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel3~<<CHANNEL3>>!
{{TVLobbyWatch}}

Then, in MLServer command maps, put this:

{{TVLobbyWatch}}

Macro|MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##10##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Living_TiVO,{{TVLobby_Channel1}}, {{TVLobby_Channel2}},{{TVLobby_Channel3}}, {{TVLobby_Channel4}}##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##20##MLHSPLugin|HS_SendIR:rca-ez1,<<CHANNEL2>>,<<CHANNEL3>>##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##30##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Living_TV,{{TVLobby_Channel1}}, {{TVLobby_Channel2}},{{TVLobby_Channel3}}, {{TVLobby_Channel4}}##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##40##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Dale_TV,{{TVLobby_Channel2}},{{TVLobby_Channel3}}##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##50##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:cable,{{TVLobby_Channel1}}, {{TVLobby_Channel2}},{{TVLobby_Channel3}},Enter##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##70##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Masterbed_DVD,{{TVLobby_Channel1}}, {{TVLobby_Channel2}},{{TVLobby_Channel3}},Enter##!
MLConditional|IsEqual##{{mlhsplugin_a65_value}}##80##MLHSPlugin|HS_SendIR:Basement_DVD,{{TVLobby_Channel1}}, {{TVLobby_Channel2}},{{TVLobby_Channel3}},Enter##

Not sure if there are typos or syntax issues in the above, but that's the thought...simplify what's in the TVLobby Watch command and leverage Command Maps. Allows for easier maintenance of the system too, when you keep all commands in MLServer.
Last edited by DavidL on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:34 pm

smoothtlk wrote:Macro.SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel1~<<CHANNEL1>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel2~<<CHANNEL2>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel3~<<CHANNEL3>>!
{{TVLobbyWatch}}

I tried the above in the TVLobby watch command line and also:

MLServeCmd.Macro.SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel1~<<Channel1>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel2~<<Channel2>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel3~<<Channel3>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel4~<<Channel4>>!{{TVLobbyWatch}}

But neither one of these sets any of the TVLobby_Channel variables to a value. I am not the greatest with the syntax, but I don't see anything jumping out at me that looks wrong.

Edit. I got it to work with MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|

But the channel change part isn't working.
Last edited by sonypoolplr on Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:49 pm

sonypoolplr wrote:
smoothtlk wrote:Macro.SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel1~<<CHANNEL1>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel2~<<CHANNEL2>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel3~<<CHANNEL3>>!
{{TVLobbyWatch}}

MLServeCmd.Macro.SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel1~<<Channel1>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel2~<<Channel2>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel3~<<Channel3>>!SetVariable|TVLobby_Channel4~<<Channel4>>!{{TVLobbyWatch}}

But neither one of these sets any of the TVLobby_Channel variables to a value. I am not the greatest with the syntax, but I don't see anything jumping out at me that looks wrong.
This is probably not the problem, but are those variable names (TVLobby_Channel1,2,3) already defined? If I remember correctly, with older versions of MLServer, you needed to create the variable first then assign a value to it...this may not be necessary with newer versions, but I am not sure since I always create mine first before assigning a value to them.

Murray

Fonceur
Expert
Expert

Postby Fonceur » Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:50 pm

sonypoolplr wrote:
{{TVLobbyWatch}}

Try with Macro|SetVariable... There's no "."...

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:18 pm

Yeah, I wa afraid of the syntax. I typed it without access to the Wiki (my new "cheat sheet").

MurrayW

Postby MurrayW » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:08 pm

sonypoolplr wrote:I fixed the syntax and I am using this now:

MLServeCmd.Macro|SetVariable|tvlobby_channel1~<<Channel1>>!SetVariable|tvlobby_channel2~<<Channel2>>!SetVariable|tvlobby_channel3~<<Channel3>>!SetVariable|tvlobby_channel4~<<Channel4>>!{{TVLobbyWatch}}

It is now setting the variables to <<Channel1>>, <<Channel2>>, etc instead of the actual channel numbers.
I am using all uppercase on my <<CHANNEL1>> etc. I am not sure if that would make any difference.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:25 pm

Thanks. You were quick with your reply. I deleted my post because I restarted MLServer and it put the right values in. But the command {{TVLobbyWatch}} at the end isn't triggering. If I go into the macro commands section of MLServer and trigger it manually the command works, but when I click on Watch in TVLobby the variables are set but the command at the end isn't triggered.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:39 pm

I got rid of the {{ }} around the TVLobbyWatch and now it is working. I want to thank you all for helping with this, as this will help me with this, but also to learn more about how to use this program.

Thanks again.

Return to “TVLobby Questions & Answers”