How about a SIRIUS Lobby??

If you think your idea is da bomb - let us know.
jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:11 pm

rlindblad wrote:I have thought about trying to skim off some of the web sites with the info there already, but it would kind of be rude.
I don't think it would be rude. You're paying for Dish, of which the SIRIUS channels are part of, therefore you should have a right to the info. I bet one of the guys over at the HS or Cocoontech forums could figure a script that would got to each station's "now playing" URL and strip the required infor off of it... The only problem is, the update won't be in realtime, as you'd have to have it trigger manually or based on the passing of time, which probably won't be in synch with when the song changes (and doing it too frequently, like every 10 seconds, may bog down your system or get your IP blocked by SIRIUS - cause you may look like an attacker).

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:19 pm

OK, and here's a page that has "now playing" data that isn't even run by SIRIUS: http://www.itsonsirius.com/ and you can customize it ihere: http://www.itsonsirius.com/options.php and it looks like they're working on an app that will download the info in realtime - which can be controled via TCP/IP... I wonder if it can export info to another souorce: http://www.itsonsirius.com/radio.php

rlindblad
Expert
Expert

Postby rlindblad » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:45 pm

Yep, that's one of the people that I corresponded with about all this before. He was willing to let me use some of his code, but I needed a sirius account to make the pulls.

And you are right, the overhead might get a bit ridiculous... :lol:

BTW, if you aren't busy, could you post the base jpg for your buttons? I wanted to play with the Margaritaville but want them to match the rest... :shock:

Thanks,

Bob

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:55 pm

I can send you / post a PhotoShop PSD. I'll try to remember to do it tonight.

rlindblad
Expert
Expert

Postby rlindblad » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:18 pm

Thanks!

:D

Phil L

Postby Phil L » Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:06 pm

I just saw that the Sirius version of Timetrax with a Sirius Direct Tuner is

NOW SHIPPING!!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:36 pm

Just got my TimeTrax Sirius radio today. Who knows what the future will bring. Now I've got to get my hands on the protocol.

Dave...

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:14 am

Guys, I'm sorry I still haven't posted the updated graphics. I'm having trouble finding time..... If only the office would let me install PhotoShop and FlashMX on my work PC.... :twisted:

rlindblad
Expert
Expert

Postby rlindblad » Thu Aug 18, 2005 10:07 am

Well, considering who owns that PC, I would surmise they wouldn't buy "it's a matter of national security", would they??? :wink:

:lol:

Bob

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Thu Aug 18, 2005 12:21 pm

We actually have licenses for PhotoShop here, but I was told they've already used all their authorized installations, otherwise they'd install one for me.

ggraef

Sirius Prognosis

Postby ggraef » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:38 am

Is there a prognosis for SiriusLobby, maybe Timetrax Sirius? I'm ready to by Satellite radio but prefer Sirius to XM... I'm willing to wait for dedicated ML support, just would like to know if I'm losing something by going Sirius...

Thanks!
Gerry

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:00 am

There will be a SiriusLobby one day. I have a Timetrax Siruis radio in my possession. I will have to decode the serial protocol or find it online and then roll it into a plug-in. Can't give an exact ETA. Sometime before Horward Stern takes over Channel 100.

Dave...

rlindblad
Expert
Expert

Postby rlindblad » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:33 pm

Hi John,

Just wondering if you might have time for those graphics soon... [-o<

:)

Bob

jrfuda
Expert
Expert

Postby jrfuda » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:44 am

Bob, I'm really sorry. I'm not sure if I've even turned-on my PC that contains PhotoShop in the past month. It's been busy... If I wasn't naughty and popped on the forums from work, you guys would never hear from me (which is why you rearely see me post on a weekend or holiday).

rlindblad
Expert
Expert

Postby rlindblad » Thu Sep 15, 2005 8:48 am

I have to be honest, I don't really have a lot of time either. I just like to get everything so when I do have an extra second, I have the things I need.

No problem, just didn't want to forget about this.

Thanks,

Bob

Return to “XMLobby Feature Requests”