MLAlarmClock

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
donburkard
Expert
Expert

Re: MLAlarmClock

Postby donburkard » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:12 pm

For scheduling or a triggering an action on a preset time - best is MLSchedule.

You can pretty much do anything I can think of with the above with respect to an "alarm clock"

It would be nice to have a prepackaged thing that can easily be set. for example a prebuilt (or not) scene with a number pad, a few alarm boxes (with the ability to add more in the plugin), set, off, and snooze buttons, and the ability to either pick out of a few "alarm clock" sounds or something else (like musiclobby), or the ability to launch a mlcommand.

or at this point maybe just a wiki for the existing one that doesnt involve a description of mlrss #-o

:lol:
thanks
Hooked on HighDef

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:24 am

If the demand is there, we can try to repair any known issues before fully releasing this plugin. Just provide us with a hitlist of those issues and we'll see what we can do.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

itanic
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby itanic » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:33 am

mcascio wrote:If the demand is there, we can try to repair any known issues before fully releasing this plugin. Just provide us with a hitlist of those issues and we'll see what we can do.

I use it, but not in the way it's intended. I have seven separate alarms (one of each day of the week). They are all disabled and I only use the plugin to store variables. I pass all the information needed for the alarm to HomeSeer that does all the real work. I tried to get the plugin working but the it had more than a handful of issues.

I agree with Dave in that MLScheduler will do the job, but only if you expose the variables so you can easily create scenes for it. It seems like a much easier road to follow (but I'm not a programmer), esp in light of the speed at which plugins are developed and released (btw what is the status of the new MLWeather plugin?)

mnkynifefite
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby mnkynifefite » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:11 pm

itanic wrote:
DavidL wrote:For scheduling or a triggering an action on a preset time - best is MLSchedule.

You can pretty much do anything I can think of with the above with respect to an "alarm clock"

David, I would tend to agree with you but for the fact that MLSchedule does not expose it's variables (date, time, actions, etc.) so setting up an alarm clock scene is difficult.

Exactly. If all the variables in MLSchedule were exposed I suppose there may not be a need for this. Although that said, having a pre-made scene with some functionality would be great. Even charging $5-$10 for the plugin would be worthwhile, despite it's limited functionality.

As for how I envision using it, here are some examples:

* Using the Q1 beside my bed to setup my morning wakeup alarms and the next morning change from my night mode scene to the MLAlarmClock scene about 30 minutes before I'm scheduled to wakeup. When my MLAlarmClock alarm goes off I would have standard alarm clock type functionality (off, snooze, etc). MLAlarmClock would use my in-ceiling speakers to play music/alarm/news/etc via my CAV.

* Be able to have MLAlarmClock pass-on alarms and reminders to MLOutlook (if I could ever get that running again :cry: ), and vice-versa. MLOutlook could interact with MLAlarmClock so that when I have a calendar reminder (depending on what type), my scene would change to MLAlarmClock and allow me to open, close, or snooze my calendar reminder.

I'm sure I could come up with a few more ideas but these are some straight forward ones off the top of my head.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:45 pm

MLAlarmClock can be purchased. You'll find the link to it on the products page in the center grouping of featured plugins.

Or click the order link below:
http://www.cinemarsolutions.com/cart.ad ... o=10000440

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Postby donburkard » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Mario,
as far as a hit list goes
a prebuilt scene with a number pad, a few alarm boxes (with the ability to add more in the plugin), set, off, and snooze buttons, and the ability to either pick out of a few "alarm clock" sounds or something else (like musiclobby), or the ability to launch a mlcommand.

the way mlschedule has those weekly, monthly, daily, weekdays, weekends, once, or on a set interval (for example every 90 days) check boxes is really nice. that would be great but probably a bit more work huh? Im probably the last person on this forum that should be pushing for this plugin so hard but to me this just seems like a no brainer. Some of these guys seem to have so much stuff automated that they dont have to scratch their you-know-whats [-X anymore but they still have to set their alarm clock every night. Not to mention the fact that every extra alarm clock that runs is just sucking up extra power. With this plugin they can eliminate those as well as other clocks because of that fancy new screen saver you made =D> But like i said im probably the last person who should be putting out a wish list. Lets hear from some of the 23 daves, or mnkynifefite, lathum, ricks, rangerhomeautomation, jjjukebox, gregoryx (who has flown the coop lately), Twells, sonypoolplr, ronsatter, blade, etc, etc

Dave,
v1.0.432 is the latest correct? The link you have posted is no different correct?

Dave and Mario,

Nice work guys. =D> I am so ridiculously pleased with ml, as is everyone that comes over to my house. Plus i may have sold someone i know who owns a hair salon on it. the salon has about 40 touchsreens just sitting there unused because the previous systems company she was using went under so shes been waiting until something good came along. are there any dealers that you know of around southeastern PA if she decides to do it?
Hooked on HighDef

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”