Pause and Timer

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
fastscot

Pause and Timer

Postby fastscot » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:37 pm

I cannot get either the Pause or Timer plugins to work. I'm running MLserver v 4.0 on windows 7 32bit on a basic PC with little else on it. I try running a Macro with a command after the Pause. The log shows the pause plugin being run but no further events. The same with Timer. I've tried Pause with and without another command before the Pause in a Macro. Is their something in Windows that needs to be setup to allow these commands to run? Is there something special about the syntax I don't know. The ChangeScene command happens if I remove the Pause command.

Macro|
Pause|3!
MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{clientname}}~0019_media.photos.mls

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Pause and Timer

Postby Oronomus » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:46 am

Try taking your mlcmd out after the pause, and no need for a pause right after the macro (not sure if that even works).

Macro|
Pause|3!
ChangeScene~{{clientname}}~0019_media.photos.mls

Use pause between commands, for example, when a subsequent command fails to trigger an event because of device sequences. But experiment to limit them when not necessary in order to get snappier scenes. Example:
Macro|
AV|22~Power~Main~On!
Pause|.5!
AV|22~Input~Main~Tuner

There are probably many other ways to use Pause, but timer may be a better choice when you are trying to space out events or execute a command at a specific time or interval.

fastscot

Postby fastscot » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:26 pm

Thanks for your help. That makes sense since it has to be actually processing something before it can pause. I'll fiddle around with it a bit more and see if I can get that to work.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Syntactically there is nothing wrong with

Macro|Pause|3!MLCmd|ChangeScene~{{clientname}}~0019_media.photos.mls

and it works fine here. What does your MLServer verbose event log look like when this command runs?

What issues are you having with Timers?

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”