mlirrigation comport

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
simonmason
Expert
Expert

Re: mlirrigation comport

Postby simonmason » Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:19 am

Let me know when you would like to do this. I had to uninstall the irrigation plugin because the trial expired. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Just send me your Team Viewer info and I will look at it during the week next week. Will need to know the devices IP address.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:56 pm

Thanks, I pm'd you.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:21 am

I tried to PM you, now twice, and it sits in my outbox. I am not sure what is going on here - I am only using up 7% of my message space, etc. So I am not sure you got my response? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:43 am

Messages stay in the outbox until the recipient reads them. When they get read they move from your outbox to my inbox. You are in the queue. There are two other customers ahead of this project.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:28 pm

No worries, I was concerned that you weren't receiving the message - sticking in the outbox is a weird behavior. No hurry.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:20 am

It appears that the ethernet connector on my etherrain unit has gone bad. So I need to spend $50 to replace it. Before doing this I thought I would look into other devices that would allow me to work directly with MainLobby. I looked at the directly supported devices and they all seem to require a direct RS-232 connection. The reason I went with this unit in the first place was because it is not located near my HA closet and I was able to hook it up to ethernet. It's a good system - and I have not had any issues with it, but the integration into MainLobby is a key issue for me and I had to build a set of scenes from scratch to support it. These scenes work well but are extremely limited compared to what is natively available in MainLobby for a supported device.

Any advice on a specific replacement unit that would be recommended? Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:40 am

A long time ago I switched from using a Rain8 to GlobalCache iTach relays for controlling my irrigation. Any relay type device will work (as long as we have or can write a driver for it). Some customers use the relays in their Elk and HAI panels. The Irrigation app sends commands to Control Family devices so you have options.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Am I correct in assuming that I would need 2 itach devices to control a 6 zone sprinkler system? Roughly $200 to go this route.

I do have some relays on my Stargate but I am not really comfortable in using that as it is quite old.

Could I build my own driver for the etherrain if I repair it or is this something you guys have to do?
Simon D. S. Mason

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:58 pm

Does etherrain have a published protocol? It would be easier for me to write the driver.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:28 am

I have sent them a note and asked for a copy of their protocol documentation. I will let you know. Thanks.
Simon D. S. Mason

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:27 am

Here is the api for etherrain. In case it's required I have the email address of Jim Lemezis at Quicksmart. Let me know what you think. Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Simon D. S. Mason

indecision
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby indecision » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:45 pm

I have been looking that Rachio and RainMachine for irrigation control. I know Dave doesn't care for Rachio as it is cloud-based. However rain machine is locally controlled and has a cloud-based option. Gets great reviews. Anybody using one?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:03 pm

My Internet goes out often enough that anything cloud based drives me nuts. But that's just me. If you find a protocol doc point me to it and I'll have a look at it.

simonmason
Expert
Expert

Postby simonmason » Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:14 pm

I think the Etherrain is a good combination of IP based and stand-alone. You don't have to worry about Internet connectivity but you can access if from anywhere using it's built-in web server.
Simon D. S. Mason

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”