sonos

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
willteix

sonos

Postby willteix » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:04 am

I have two S5 sonos devices, I am working with the sonos driver/plugin. I can get one working just fine, i see lists in browser, also the que. The other i get none of that, i can see it being selected in the events log. I may not fully under stand the variable concept. Such as
Player #1 (Living Room), LoadScene|Sonos.html, SetVariable|av_activesonos_{{clientname}}~3 i assume that the 3 on the end is the AV device which is item # 3 in the family manager. This is working, but Item #5 is not "Living Room" i been working with this issue for about 4 days and no joy.

I have included some graphics which i hope can help maybe telling me what is wrong or what i am doing wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

willteix

Re: sonos

Postby willteix » Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:07 am

I think i have it working finally. But still have an odd issue. In the scene designer using the sample templates for android the list picker for changing the sonos player does not act like a button using samsung tablet you press it and nothing although 2 x it has worked but for the most part just does nothing no popup with the devices/rooms to choose. I've compared it with the ipad its the same setup and the ipad works on my ipad 1. if I bring up the scene is a web browser on the computer and use the mouse it works.. just not using touch screen. Seems to be android specific.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Installed a new Sonos PlayBar last week - already had a few connect amps which work great with ML. The PlayBar is recognized by the plugin, however, I am now getting hammered with errors in the plugin. I think this is the main reason why my ML is becoming really, really slow... My scenes are really slow now.

Also, I am not able to select the PlayBar on the Sonos scene. And, I fear that even if I could, how do I select TV as a source via the plugin? With the sons app, when I select the PlayBar a new option appears that is not available for the amps - TV - choosing that switches the source to TV. There are also a few other options for the PlayBar that is not available for the other sonos amps: Night Sound and Speech Enhancement -- does the plugin support those settings?

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

willteix

Postby willteix » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:21 pm

I not sure if the plugin supports the play bar. I have no heard that it does. I still feel the sonos plugin is still work in progress. The playbar has a few more options then just playing music n what not. i'd contact Dave and Cinemar to see if the play bar is supported or what mods need to be made to support its features.

Right now i am working on status of a given S5 unit whether it been selected for play or not via button. So far no joy

willteix

Postby willteix » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Oh one other thing, when i play lets say a DVD/Bluray using ML, the AV app on the client accepts the request brings up either powerDVD, or Zoom. That might be something to look into, such as selecting power bar which then selects which client and app to run.. I am not sure but maybe eh?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:16 pm

The new Sonos Play bar does not behave like a normal Sonos player. I will need to spend some time remoted into a system with one of these play bars so that I can see what capabilities it does support and then I can make the changes to the Sonos driver to compensate.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:15 pm

Feel free to remote into mine anytime - I just ordered another one, I really like the Playbar solution! Amazon has $100 off (via gift card) and a free bridge offer on them now.

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”