RFXCOM Receivers

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
bobbym

RFXCOM Receivers

Postby bobbym » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:52 am

Any plans for a RFXCOM plugin in the near future?

Bob M.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: RFXCOM Receivers

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:12 am

I've sent a request to RFXCom to see if I can get a copy of their communication protocol document. Once I see the protocol I'll know how easy/difficult the driver will be.

bobbym

Postby bobbym » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:26 am

Hi Dave, I just got one of the RFXCOM receivers, so if you need any information/testing that I can be heplfull with let me know.

Bob M.

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:51 am

I have used the RFXcom for several years for power usage and various Oregon scientific weather data using a custom plugin I wrote.

I have details of all the comms if anyone needs it but since I already use Homeseer as well, I recently switched to RFXcom's readymade Homeseer plugin - it is a very good implementation and very easy to use and add external devices since it autodetects any broadcast it receives.

Dave - writing the full plugin in from scratch will be time consuming since you have to detect so many different external devices, each with their own communication protocol and standards. If anyone is up for the challenge though I am sure you will be:-)

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”