Remote Radio for MLClientSvc

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Remote Radio for MLClientSvc

Postby Oronomus » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:32 pm

How do i get a remote radio installed/working on through MLClientSVC? I have the Client service app pointing to CS1 (using its IP address). MusicLobby let's me set CS1 (zone 1) as a source. I set it as source 3 in MusicLobby and check that AVAgent is installed and working on CS1. I point MusicLobby to play on source 3. Event shows:

"Attempting to connect to remote radio player at CS1"
"tcp_connect - Error at line # 193 - The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found"

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote Radio for MLClientSvc

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:50 pm

If you are working in the V4 world then MLClientSvc and ClientSvc are retired and no longer used. It is replaced with the AVAgent.

You install the AVAgent on the remote PCs. Then you tell MusicLobby 4 to use the agent on the remote PC.

If you are working in the V3 world then the AVAgent is only for V4.

Oronomus
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Remote Radio for MLClientSvc

Postby Oronomus » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:44 am

Thank you. Simple enough. I think having a 4.0 version of ClientSvc caused me to have a brain cramp. Also, I was confused about whether I needed to set up an "AV Alias" for MusicLobby playback in Family Manager, but apparently not...

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”