MLTCP Plugin

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
bobbym

MLTCP Plugin

Postby bobbym » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:56 am

I can send this command- http://192.168.1.101:8800/xbmcCmds/xbmc ... endKey(256) from a web browser and it works, but I can't get it to work from the MLTCP plugin MLTCPSend|SENDCRLF~Boxee~xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=SendKey(256). what am I doing worng.
Thanks,
Bob M.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: MLTCP Plugin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:55 am

I'm guessing it is because the Boxee is expecting a web client to talk to it. The MLTCPSend plugin simply opens a TCP port and sends the commands much like a Telnet client. Boxee is probably looking for the typical web client headers and handshaking that accompany a web request.

Can you point me to a link that shows me all the commands you are trying to send? Perhaps a dedicated plugin would work better?

bobbym

Postby bobbym » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:06 am

wnl

Postby wnl » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:35 pm

CinemarDave is right. The Boxee accepts HTTP requests. MLTCPSend is not an HTTP client. It only sends the string you give it on a TCP connection, nothing more. There's a whole lot more in an HTTP request than just the URL.

I don't think there's a plugin for sending HTTP requests, but having one could be rather useful. I can think of several components with built-in web servers that allow a great deal of control via HTTP.

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”