IP Control of Integra Receiver?

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
bogart

IP Control of Integra Receiver?

Postby bogart » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:37 pm

All,

I am trying to do IP control of my Integra 7.8 Receiver, and using Hercules HW, I am able to communicate with it - send commands, and receive feedback. Sweet!

The question is - how should I integrate this into MLServer? I don't need a two-way solution, but I would really like to use the TCP control if we can.

Thanks,
Eric

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IP Control of Integra Receiver?

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:58 pm

You should be able to use the MLTCPSend plugin for your one-way control. I'd love to get a copy of the Integra protocol if you would not mind sending it to me.

bogart

Postby bogart » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:12 am

Dave - PM'd the specs your way. Happy to talk offline if you're interested in more detail.

wnl

Postby wnl » Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:39 pm

I have an Integra 8.9. I hooked it up to ML Server with a serial connection and used MLRS232Send to set up the commands. It's only one way but that's all I need. I had to use all hex for the commands, which required a bit of hand translation, but I just created a macro for each of the commands and use them wherever I need them. Only had to worry about the hex once.

bogart

Postby bogart » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:00 pm

Interesting! I actually had previously controlled this receiver via serial, using MLGenericDevice. With that method, no hex was needed - I could send the ASCII commands directly. Did you create a helper spreadsheet to calculate the header information, or did you do all the figuring by hand? Just looking for a potential steal and re-apply opportunity!

wnl

Postby wnl » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:34 pm

It's been awhile since I wrote those macros, but I think I had to resort to using hex because all the serial commands start with a !, and that has special meaning in an ML macro. The serial protocol isn't as involved as the one for TCP. There's no header, just command strings like !1PWR01 or !1SLI00 or !1AMT01. I just did the conversion to hex by hand, but I've been using computers since the 70s so I'm no stranger to ascii, binary, octal and hex.

The TCP spec is a bit more involved, requiring a 16-byte header before the command with length fields and a version number all in binary. I think you could do all that with MLTCPSend, but it would require some precalculation.

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”