DVD Lobby overwriting my existing library

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
scotthpdx

DVD Lobby overwriting my existing library

Postby scotthpdx » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:15 am

I have two DVD carousels, first one Pioneer and it has about 600 DVDs catalogged in DVD lobby, the second I am just getting started with. I installed the new 0019 sony DVD mls screens and got the catalogging to function up to the point where you can save the DVD.

I think I have a configuration issue, causing me to overwrite my existing titles in the database. Here is what I have:

Location MLCX777ES1 is the Sony, this is changer#1
Location Carousel is the Pioneer, this is changer#1 also.. (I know, but it works when I am controlling them)

When I put a DVD in a slot in the Sony, say Changer1, slot 16 for a movie Indianna Jones, I get the data for the DVD great, then I press the SAVE button. I do make sure that I am selecting the location MLCS777ES1 prior to pressing Save. The 0016 Sony mls screen says at the top of the screen that it is overwriting the existing database entry. This should be a new entry for the Location MLCX777ES1. I then look in the database usign the DVDLobby Pro Plug in screen and I have a new (overwritten) entry for Indianna Jones, but the entry for "Lost in Space" from the Sony Carousel changer#1, slot 16 is now gone. Doesn't seem to respect the Location field.

I thought it was odd that the Sony and the Pioneer both showed up as changer1. I tried to refer to the Sony as changer3, since it is listed in the remotes config as Source 3.

Can someone advise me as to how I should refer to the sony and the Carousels? Or am I doing this right?

Scott :cry:

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: DVD Lobby overwriting my existing library

Postby DavidL » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:12 am

What plugin are you using to control the pioneer?

I assume you are using the MLCX777ES plugin for the Sony - which is a CX777ES model?

How are you entering the movies into DVDLobby's database for the Pioneer? Manually? I don't think the Pioneer supports auto lookup like the CX777ES does (I may be wrong, but I thought that is what makes the CX777ES "special")

Post your PlayMovie commands, just in case that becomes relevent.

scotthpdx

Postby scotthpdx » Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:36 pm

DavidL wrote:What plugin are you using to control the pioneer?

I assume you are using the MLCX777ES plugin for the Sony - which is a CX777ES model?

How are you entering the movies into DVDLobby's database for the Pioneer? Manually? I don't think the Pioneer supports auto lookup like the CX777ES does (I may be wrong, but I thought that is what makes the CX777ES "special")

Post your PlayMovie commands, just in case that becomes relevent.

Yes, I am using the MLCX777ES.

I manually enter in all of my movies for the Pioneer changer. To my knowledge, the Pioneer does not do auto-lookup. I control it with IR signals, so there is not direct serial link.
What would you like to automate today....

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:47 pm

You have to use different changer locations. Call the Sony changer 1 and the Pioneer changer 2. You cannot have both changers as #1.

scotthpdx

Postby scotthpdx » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:04 pm

CinemarDave wrote:You have to use different changer locations. Call the Sony changer 1 and the Pioneer changer 2. You cannot have both changers as #1.

I have one Location named Changer, and the other Location called MLCX777ES1

Where do I change Changer Number for the two?

scotthpdx

Postby scotthpdx » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:17 pm

Got it figured out with alot of help from Dave Perrico.

I needed to go into my Sony 777 plug in and move my first device to the second positon, then making it my #2 changer. It is now working great, and not overwriting my entries in my DVD Lobby.

by the way, great upgrade for DVD lobby. The new Scenes are really cool!

Scott
What would you like to automate today....

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”