Any interest in MainLobby Crestron Plugin

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Any interest in MainLobby Crestron Plugin

Postby davevans » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:43 am

I'm working on a plugin for controlling my crestron system through ML (and vice versa) using their e-control sdk. You would need a x-Gen or 2 Series processor with an ethernet card for it to work. If there is interest from others I'll make it generic, but if not, I'll just develop for my needs. Let me know your thoughts

Dave

kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Any interest in MainLobby Crestron Plugin

Postby kevind » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:51 pm

this is great. Generic sound like a fantastic idea.

dave.neill

Postby dave.neill » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:51 am

Hi Dave
All your thoughts in integrating these two systems are mine also could you reply as to any progress you are having in making this a success as I am trying to decide if to purchase Crestron gear but would like to find out if this is possible before investing the cash ?

Cheers
Dave

davevans
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby davevans » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:14 am

This is an on again-off again project due to other obligations. The problem is, on the Crestron side, the component you need to make the two systems talk is only available to Crestron dealers, It is not something I could distribute. Just like you need to program MainLobby to talk to the Crestron Box, you need to program the Crestron Box to talk back. So it would be up to the dealer to integrate the two systems. The plugin, although limited to a very small group of poeple, would mainly be for Crestron/Main Lobby dealers to cross between two systems. If you are a Crestron dealer, It could be an ideal solution for you once it is complete.

dave.neill

Postby dave.neill » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:04 pm

Hi Dave
Thanks for the reply, we are currently a crestron dealer so I do have access to all the software etc but I am new to the crestron software that I am looking into myself in my own time and am hoping to get into the training in the future. Could you provide me any info as I am only looking for something for my own system also not to pass on to customers ?
Any info would be great as I need to start somewhere or work out if it is worth the hassle ?

Cheers
Dave

rschauer

Postby rschauer » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 am

What is the status of this project. I am a crestron dealer in Ft. Lauderdale and I'm VERY interested in what you are talking about. I think DVDLobby and Music Lobby would be killer additions to a Crestron system. Please let me know if there is anything I can help with, or test...

Rob

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:58 am

We would love to have a Crestron plugin. However, the tools required to make one are only available to registered Crestron dealers/developers. We need someone with access to the Crestron tools to work with us.

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”