MLDrinkfinder not working

Repository of MainLobby Server plug-ins and updates not available in the current installation.
DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: MLDrinkfinder not working

Postby DaveB » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:23 am

DaveP;

Just some comments on the redesign;

1. Set up the database so that we can design screens to enter new concoctions or wines.
2. Set this system up so that you can extend it to food. Many over the years have wanted (myself included) a good recipe management database that is available via the touch screen.
3. The "Lobby" could include all three elements, Cocktails, Wine and Food. The data structure for all three is very similar, and they could all co-share some of the tables in Access.
4. I do not know your plans, but I would make this structure a local database for each user that receives updates based on a subscription service, but I would make that service optional. You would then have an up-sell; Base system with your local data or up-sell to share data with others.

Just some thoughts.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

ssawyer

Postby ssawyer » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:57 am

Another suggestion, if a local database is used, provide other search methods. Instead of just a search by name, maybe a search by ingredients. Would be nice to see which drinks contain that scotch or rum that is in your liquor cabinet or what can I make with the chicken that is in the fridge. Also, what wines do I have in stock??? :)

michael(fl)

Postby michael(fl) » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:50 am

Dave,
i am standing by for WineLobby...

thanks,
michael

scotthpdx

Postby scotthpdx » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:00 pm

CinemarDave wrote:DrinkLobby will be for all drinks except wines. There is going to be a separate WineLobby for all the wine lovers out there.

I would love to see this as a front end for cellartracker. I use cellar tracker and it rocks.

Now that I think of it, I am going to add that to my internet.mls as a link.

For those of you wine enthusiasts out there, check out cellartracker.com. It is a very inexpensive, online solution.

Scott
What would you like to automate today....

Return to “MLServer Plug-Ins”