some screen shots

Publicly discuss strategies, opportunities and best practices using the Lobby Suite with other professionals in this ever growing industry.
collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

some screen shots

Postby collegeboyslive » Mon May 03, 2004 8:55 pm

here are soem screen shots from the latest install we are doing. not the main screen isnt complete yet. and the shopping list buttons arnt done in nice graphics yet either. but you will get an idea.

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

more pics

Postby collegeboyslive » Mon May 03, 2004 8:56 pm

more pics

Scott Miller

Postby Scott Miller » Tue May 04, 2004 8:02 am

CBL,

Could you explain your shopping list functionality? What do the buttons do on the scene? What if they want something thats not on the scene?

-Scott

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

sure

Postby collegeboyslive » Tue May 04, 2004 8:05 am

the shopping list buttons allow you to add, or with a second press, subtract items from the shopping list on the light of the screen. when thew button is pressed the item apears on the list. if their are items on the list 2 times a day the system will announce that items are needed and read off the list, this list will also be sent via a text message to the owners phone so they can get the list while they are out.

i can fit 18 buttons on the screen so the list for for essentials that they normally use.

Scott Miller

Postby Scott Miller » Tue May 04, 2004 8:39 am

CBL,

Thanks for the quick reply. Did you simply ask the client to list the 18 most common items?

About your screen with the weather, what e-mail and voice mail systems are you using to display new e-mail and voice messages?

Thanks for the info.

-Scott

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

yes

Postby collegeboyslive » Tue May 04, 2004 8:56 am

I told hime to choose the 18 most important items he wants listed. now he has i can make nice graphical buttons fro them and make it all look pretty like the other ones.

the other buttons are screens i havnt completed yet

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

f

Postby collegeboyslive » Tue May 04, 2004 11:23 am

Here is a picture of the shopping list with all the finished buttons.

blafarm
Expert
Expert

Postby blafarm » Fri May 07, 2004 10:24 pm

collegeboyslive,

How are you displaying the Outside, Wind, Inside, Pool Temp and CallerID info?

Thanks

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Sat May 08, 2004 1:12 am

the pool temp i get from a 1 wire sensor in the pool pump line. the wind data i get from weather.com and the caller id i get from the way2call modem via hsphone

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat May 08, 2004 1:13 am

college,
I think he was asking how you are showing the display ontop of the MainLobby scene - did you superimpose a web scene with an inviso background? Did you build a 2 way interface to HS? Are you updating MLServer Variables via MLServeCmd.exe statements?

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

ahh

Postby collegeboyslive » Thu May 13, 2004 3:25 pm

most oif the time i am using the weblobby function, all of the screens you see are made using asp which is really cool cause the clien can get pretty much the same screens via the internet if he needs to access the house remotley.

the menu on the side of course is mainlobby as are the jukebox, tv functions and dvdlobby components and the weather screen.

the rest is done with asp cause it allowes me greater flexability.

Postby Guest » Fri May 21, 2004 5:03 pm

Awesome job!

-Martin

AutomatedOutlet

Postby AutomatedOutlet » Fri May 21, 2004 5:05 pm

Sorry CBL,

Didn't realize that I was logged in as a guest.

Hey, are you going to the next show too?

Martin
Martin Custer
Authorized Cinemar Distributor
www.AutomatedOutlet.com

collegeboyslive
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby collegeboyslive » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:06 pm

yes I hope to goto the next orlando show.

The above project is going well. EXCEPT the client cant seem to keep his friggin hands off the computer. countless times i have received a phone call with him bitchin only to find he was updating musics or dvd's and closed down one of the programs "cause it was in the way"

HOW doyou deal with soemthing like this? unfortunatly as of right now the client needs access to the machine to update dvd's and music. short of mareo making a touchscreen interface HINT HINT. i see no way to keep our hard work out of the clients hands. heavn forbid he downloads a virus

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:33 am

I'd start with a Girder - or other, if you prefer - loop to verify the existence of the various programs running and run them if not. I'd back that up with MLS doing the same thing in reverse (including looking for Girder, if possible/necessary).

The other thing I'd consider would be a "fix me" button on the main system's screen - maybe LOTS of places (menu, task-bar, etc) that would immediately restart anything that should be started.

I only deal with my own home users and guests and such, but certainly sympathize: they manage to find ALL sorts of ways to break things that I would have NEVER thoght of. :)

Return to “Professional Installers & Dealers”