mls-1000 server

Publicly discuss strategies, opportunities and best practices using the Lobby Suite with other professionals in this ever growing industry.
Scott

mls-1000 server

Postby Scott » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:44 pm

Customer bought the MLS-1000 server and we want to utilize the serial ports on it. But their is nothing on the manual as to how the serial ports are assigned and which are actually available. I would like to know which serial port is assigned to which com port #. I couldn't find a wiki or anything discussing the specs or a manual. We were having issues with the customer's monitor, but I never noticed a bios screen when it was first started.

Thanks

Scott
Scott
InControl

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: mls-1000 server

Postby mcascio » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:21 am

Go to the Device Manager on the system. Then expand the Ports. That will tell you what the port numbers are for that machine.

If there are multiple ports on it, it will take a process of elimination to find out which one is the right one.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Scott

Postby Scott » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:54 am

windows says there is 6 serial ports but I've only found 3 in the back. 2 are where I would say are part of the motherboard and the third is over by the expansion slots. Do you know if all 3 of these actually work? I have used a program to try and find the "active" comm ports but so far it only finds one. I'm trying to get a touch screen to work that communicated via serial port. Then we want to connect a russound amp and hai panel.
Scott

InControl

Scott

Postby Scott » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:46 am

I was mistaken. There are 3 ports on the motherboard and one off to the right side by the expansion slots. The one by the expansion slot does not seem to be connected to anything. The other 3 do work and here is how they are assigned.

Com 1 Com6
_____ ______
\____/ \_____/

VGA Com5
_____ ______
\____/ \_____/

I forgot I had my UPB powerline interface module and so I connected it the computer and installed the upstart software. It has the ability to determine which port the PIM is connected.

Hope this helps others.

Scott
Scott

InControl

Return to “Professional Installers & Dealers”