Pro installation questions

Publicly discuss strategies, opportunities and best practices using the Lobby Suite with other professionals in this ever growing industry.
THARTIGH
Expert
Expert

Pro installation questions

Postby THARTIGH » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:57 am

What are you dealers doing to stop customers from tampering with the system?

Are you using something like dirlock or similiar to lock the user from directories and tampering with files?

What are you doing for musiclobby? Meaning some people want to buy a system and have it work. They may not want to have to learn jrivers. Not to mention if they try, there is a huge risk of them breaking things. I cant image that they call for every song they want added. The cdripper would help them get most cd'd in, but what about odd ball cd's? Do they call you to input it for them?

Thanks for any info!

greyt
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby greyt » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:16 am

I have always wondered the same thing regarding adding movies.

Regarding JRiver, my intention is to allow them to use the CD Ripping engine, and start migrating to JRiver 12 which allows you to watch directories, so the user can simply put the music in a directory on the server and it will get imported.

vision4u

Musiclobby with cd ripping is great!!!

Postby vision4u » Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:06 am

After installing a system having dvdlobby and music lobby , the integrator shouldnt go and give service to load music and dvd all the time.
Music lobby with cd ripping is a perfect solution.
We only need the same with the dvd lobby application. The customer should be able to load dvds to database through their touchpanel easily .
After it he will only load the dvd to the dvd changer ,to the slot himself.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:59 am

Yup

THARTIGH
Expert
Expert

Postby THARTIGH » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:48 am

I agree about dvdlobby needing something like the cd ripper to add a title to the collection from the interface and not the server. As for the cdripper... When I ripped my cd's in I had several that the ripper could not find the cover art or tag information because it was not on the cd. Alot of times everything would be right but the song name will have the artist in the title of every song along with other info. When it plays in musiclobby you cant see or only see half of the song name because the artist name is included. The only way to fix it is by going into musiclobby.

How are you getting around someone going into the mlserver or cinemar directory and messing with things?

Todd

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:55 pm

Feature updates galore are well under way. Stay tuned.

vision4u

the customer shouldnt go into mlserver

Postby vision4u » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:50 am

İf you dont want to have trouble with the same installtion everyday , mlserver should have a lock facility that will prevent customer to play with things in it. Only installer should log in and change settings.

You should also lock the mainlobby in the tablet pc. I also want to advice in the musiclobby that the setup button should be hided somewhere rather than seen by the customer.

with these upgrades to dvdlobby ,musiclobby and log in system to mlserver will make us sell systems with no headache and minimum service needs.

Return to “Professional Installers & Dealers”