Pro vs. Hobbiest ML Users

Publicly discuss strategies, opportunities and best practices using the Lobby Suite with other professionals in this ever growing industry.
DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:17 am

Dealer only forum section - I agree.
What most folks on this forum might not know is that there are Cinemar dealers (like John P). They don't post much. But, they spend the time to learn the product and how to customize it for their customer's needs. That is their value statement.

bhiga
Expert
Expert

Postby bhiga » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:12 pm

I think a dealer-only area would be good, especially if dealers and developers had some way of "meeting up."

I can definitely see some good opportunities for colloboration on that front between dealers and developers, and it'd still keep the casual users from trying (and failing) to become competition to the serious dealers.

Brandon
- Brandon
My MainLobby stuff (plug-ins, screenshots, etc)

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:10 pm

I recommend (again :P) that if / when the dealer forum is set up that it not show on the main screen, lest users get the idea that they are being left out of something (not that I would feel left out :lol:). With phpBB, this means it is "not visible" and "by invitation only" or "by request".

jss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jss » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:15 pm

Maybe there already is one, and we are the ones being left out! :cry:
Last edited by jss on Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Postby jpimentel » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:33 pm

A dealer only area is a good idea. I think there is a sort of kinship among us frontiersmen trying to make a go at profitable exploits that could be kindled without the burden of loosing our "trade secrets" to lurkers from Crestron, AMX, and the like.

I think we could also give more candid and valuable feedback to Mario in that setting, perhaps saving him valuable time on the Tele. :)
Last edited by jpimentel on Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

John

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:43 pm

jpimentel wrote:A dealer only area is a god idea.

Mmmm... I'm sure the "god" is just a typo... it's certainly not that great of an idea! :lol:

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Postby jpimentel » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:24 am

Definitely a typo, I am quite sure that having a dealer only section is of no eternal significance. :D
Regards,

John

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:47 am

Just as well... I expect to be "left behind" as usual... :P

jpimentel
Expert
Expert

Postby jpimentel » Sat Oct 01, 2005 1:13 pm

Too funny LOL :lol:
Regards,

John

justmikie
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby justmikie » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:42 pm

I just got back from COSTCO where I bought some cheese. I didn't want to enter a thread that contained so much whining without something to go with it. :twisted:
I vote for the dealer only forum and soon. We have a home automation company and are looking at using ML as the front end. I realize that there are shortcomings to ML, but that is true of most products. For some reason none of those people understand me well enough to provide the custom product I want at a economical price... :lol:

Mario, where are you?????

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:57 am

Hi Folks,

We are listening very intently to everyones thoughts and opinions.
We value them deeply. We'd love to hear continued discussions on this.

There is a definte convergence in the industry. At this time, we're seeing the professionals interested in our software, but there is that barrier of understanding the PC. We are seeing more Network type individuals starting up their own companies and moving towards the professional market.

My guess is that Cinemar fits somewhere in the middle of this mix. And it is our goal to listen and meet the needs of both involved to some extent. It will require making the software more friendly to non-techies.

We have created a private area of the forum for dealers to discuss strategies and our products in a more involved nature. Please see the thread category below this one labeled Professional Installers and Dealers (Private). This forum will require from Cinemar and only include qualified dealers.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

JCC

Re: Pro vs. Hobbiest ML Users

Postby JCC » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:59 pm

I am surprised that there are no recent posts in this section. I have to rebuke all those "Professional" installers that state that MainLobby is not stable/reliable 99% of the time. I have had MainLobby 2.1 as a UI for a commercial HVAC management system with HomeseerPro 2 as the backbone for the last 9 years without a single crash. The control and status device is an ADI Ocelot with 11 remote IO units handling 2 steam Boilers, 44 AC and 44 ventilation systems distributed over 7 floors and basement.

I am currently upgrading to HS3 and ML4 under Windows 7

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pro vs. Hobbiest ML Users

Postby CinemarDave » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:59 pm

Back in the day we had our share of growing pains. But we learned from our mis-steps and kept our face to the wind. Today we're working with a lot of professional dealers who love our system. Many have dumped Control4 and Crestron in favor of our offerings. Our customized Sports Bar systems constantly beat the competition in price, features and performance. Everyone strives for the five nines up time. We're pretty darn close.

Return to “Professional Installers & Dealers”