streaming video question

Place to post your ideas and questions on how to integrate Cinemar's software in a Home Automation System (lighting, security, hvac, etc.)
syous

streaming video question

Postby syous » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:05 am

I have read some of the threads on the streaming video but am not sure about the final resolution.

1. Can I get streaming/live video from security cameras?
2. If so, which cameras do I need and what hardware do I need to connect them to? Can they be connected to an Elk M1 since I am looking at that for other security features?

Thanks
Syous

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:24 pm

True streaming would be by using WebLobby - unless there's something in MLIPCamera that's changed from the original. The other method is rapid updates of JPGs.

Any camera that will work with JPGs or in a web browser should work.

syous

streaming video

Postby syous » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:59 pm

Thanks for the reply. I may be going mad from looking at a monitor for so long but, I saw one post where someone had done it without going through weblobby. I am trying to find it again and see how.

Thans again
syous

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:54 pm

there was a flash (SWF) piece used... canna' recall when / who... :?

ricks
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ricks » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:52 pm

Not sure if its what you're looking for but doesn't library 19 have buttons that will give access to live video (buttons 0019-0100 thru 0019-0106)?

I use them to view my security cameras, TV, video, etc in ML. The down side is that they only see devices attached to the box, ie localhost's client.

Rick

syous

Postby syous » Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Thanks ricks,

correct me if I am wrong but I don't think that those feeds are live. They are just single fram views. I was hoping to see full 20-30fps feeds. I saw the Elk and HAI demos, among others, with live feeds at EHX this week and wanted to do the same.

Thanks again
syous

cborod

Postby cborod » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:43 pm

yep....I think there is a MLstreaming video plugin in the works.....uses Flash media server but definitely can transmit video (cameras, Hauppage TV cards, Belkin USB DVD thing......works pretty nice.

Needs beefy hardware for anything critical, but for camera and stuff like that....pretty cool.

Don't think much has been done since the original concept, prbly because of the crew getting ready for EHX.....but maybe when they get back things can open up again.

Definitely something with appeal to many of us.
ChrisB

jss
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby jss » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:26 am

The 0019_01xx objects are live. Frame rates depend on the hardware and. They are not streaming, the video input needs to be connected to a video input or tv card on the client computer.

-JSS

tmax

Postby tmax » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:25 am

I am looking at the Belkin USB device to show the dvd/tv screen on each of my client my touchscreens.
I have dvd to phono video cable to belkin device to usb on each of the clients
how do I set this up?. Do I need an additional plugin?. Or do I need some code to configure a button to load the live video?
Has somebody aready done this?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:22 pm

tmax,

If the belkin is attached physically to the client, just install the drivers for the Belkin. Plugin in the composite video cable and then open MainLobby. Be sure no other programs are running that might be using the Belkin. I believe it comes with some software on their disc.

Once in MainLobby, select Library from the Main Menu.
Then choose Library0019 from the drop down.
Press NEXT until you get to page 5.

You should see your video, if you have it connected, playing in library object 0019_0100 most likely or the one next to it depending on if you have other capture cards as well.

A popup may occur from Macromedia asking you to allow this device to use your capture card. Select yes and a checkbox to allways allow.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

tmax

Postby tmax » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:25 am

got it working,
thanks!. Used the belkin device and it works a treat. Now i can have the tv/dvd screen on my touchscreen remote and avoid having to look up and down at the tv screen when I touch the buttons.

jamie7d

Video In Mainlobby

Postby jamie7d » Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:19 pm

Have read all the posts on getting video on mainlobby but can't get it to work on my setup. Have a 16ch capture card which works fine with the software it came with. Have just purchased weblobby, updated my macromedia but to no avail. Please, please help. Is there something I'm missing? Have even tried a usb digital tv stick but also to no avail. Are there any settings in windows I haven't ticked/enabled? I am a newbie to all this, please, please help.

Return to “Home Automation”