SmartThings

Place to post your ideas and questions on how to integrate Cinemar's software in a Home Automation System (lighting, security, hvac, etc.)
jprosiak

SmartThings

Postby jprosiak » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:57 pm

Has anyone integrated with SmartThings yet?
-Joe

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: SmartThings

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:38 pm

We'd have to write a dedicated driver similar to what we've done for Vera and Nest. If there is enough interest we'd look into it.

Krumpy
Developer
Developer

Postby Krumpy » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:22 pm

Is Smarthings considered home automation. I mean, of course, yeah, but it really is a cloud based solution. I personally stay away from cloud based solutions due to the security risk. AND, there is always a security risk.

What are you trying to automate?

jprosiak

Postby jprosiak » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:21 pm

I am just starting out with automation and I chose to go with SmartThings because of multiple recommendations. So I am eventually going to automate lights, temp, security, and lawn sprinklers. I may also monitor my garden with sensors and water it as needed.
-Joe

jprosiak

Postby jprosiak » Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:28 am

Krumpy wrote:Is Smarthings considered home automation. I mean, of course, yeah, but it really is a cloud based solution. I personally stay away from cloud based solutions due to the security risk. AND, there is always a security risk.

What are you trying to automate?

Sorry I didn't respond sooner, i don't remember getting a reply notice. I am doing pretty standard stuff right now:
Lights, motion, garage, door sensors, presence sensors, and locks mostly

Eventually I want to have events happen such as the house welcomes someone home when they return. Just cool little stuff like that.
-Joe

Return to “Home Automation”