Can Carrier and/or York HVAC integrate with Cinemar?

Place to post your ideas and questions on how to integrate Cinemar's software in a Home Automation System (lighting, security, hvac, etc.)
philnye

Can Carrier and/or York HVAC integrate with Cinemar?

Postby philnye » Thu May 12, 2011 2:24 pm

I'm looking to get a new HVAC system for my home and I've been looking at both the Carrier Infinity and York Affinity systems. I currently use a Venstar with an INSTEON adapter to connect my current and very old HVAC system to my automation system and Cinemar but with both of the new systems, they use dedicated communicating thermostats that monitor the entire health of the HVAC system and the interconnected components. Because of this, I can't just use a simple alternate thermostat and I would also very much like to get some of the communicating details in either product into variables that I can control or review through my MainLobby pages. Anyone have any experience with either system or know if either system even has the ability to connect to higher end control systems? Both company consumer web sites are useless and don't do anything more than list features and show the interface images without any technical details so I'm kind of in limbo.

Thanks for any feedback,
Phil Kosarek
philnye

shakey
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Can Carrier and/or York HVAC integrate with Cinemar?

Postby shakey » Thu May 12, 2011 6:06 pm

Their is a recently released carrier A/C driver in MLInstaller. I don't see any info on it in the wiki but I'm sure Dave can tell you about it. I don't think he wrote it cause he was bored.

Chad

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu May 12, 2011 7:37 pm

We've got you covered. The new MLCarrier plugin will control your HVAC system. Read about it here.

philnye

Postby philnye » Fri May 13, 2011 1:52 am

Wonderful news Dave, thanks for the heads up! I think you just helped me make up my mind as to Carrier Infinity or York Affinity. The York system has a great looking touch screen for a controller but I doubt we could tap into that for anything but the default York controller so being able to control the Carrier system with ML will be a great tie in.

Thanks again,
Phil Kosarek
philnye

Return to “Home Automation”