adding IP cameras

Place to post your ideas and questions on how to integrate Cinemar's software in a Home Automation System (lighting, security, hvac, etc.)
jsprop

adding IP cameras

Postby jsprop » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:34 pm

I’m looking to add IP cameras to the outside of the house. I would need it to record with motion. Should I just add this to my Cinemar set up or a stand alone.( I think I now the answer to this) What cameras would you recommend?
John

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: adding IP cameras

Postby DaveB » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Capturing real time video via IP take lots of overhead and disk space. It also take a good management program to properly archive everything. You can do it direct, but if you want to record live video for some reason, I would not recommend it. I do IP cameras direct, but do not archive anything. I can take snapshots via my touchscreens, but that is about all.

As for manufacturers, the easiest implementation is to buy into one of the supported manufacturers via the Cinemar driver. With IP and if you do not need much other functionality (pan, tilt, zoom and so on) then any IP camera can be placed on a touchscreen with not too much work.

Look at some of the posts on the forum for some good ideas. Look at what Ron has done.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

Return to “Home Automation”