Somfy RTS INterface

Place to post your ideas and questions on how to integrate Cinemar's software in a Home Automation System (lighting, security, hvac, etc.)
lyfelyte

Somfy RTS INterface

Postby lyfelyte » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:46 pm

I'm not sure which post to ask this in, but it is regarding automatic shades.

I see the Somfy ML driver and the RTS interface (1810506). What I can't find is specific information on what the RTS interface communicates with on the shade end. There is very little information on the 1810506. I found only one vendor that sells it.

So, if I have the (1810506), what Somfy motors work best with it? Can someone give me a simple example of what would be required to automate say one window? Would this be an RF signal or IR?

LL

srgny
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby srgny » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:17 am

My Somy RTS shades are activated via RF. The receiver is built into the motor unit which fits in the shade tube. There is no external receiver at the shades. Somy sells other motors that are activated by IR or dry contact, but those use low voltage, either batteries or a transformer. Mine use line current.

The RF control signal is generated (in my case) by a hand held remote or an RS232 interface. My interface is a 5 channel unit that is no longer made. The newer unit has 16 channels. I use ML to control the interface via MLGenericSerial. The control code is rather simple:D U or S. For example, MLGenericSerial|Send~U2~2 raises the second shade all the way up. I am very happy with these shades. I have the newer LT-50 "super quiet" motors in my living room and media room. They are REALLY quiet.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Jan 29, 2009 11:16 am

lyfelyte,

I'd recommend working with a Somfy dealer unless you are a blinds expert. Then all you have to do is let them know what RTS interface to use.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “Home Automation”