Integrating Cinemar with JDS Stargate

Place to post your ideas and questions on how to integrate Cinemar's software in a Home Automation System (lighting, security, hvac, etc.)
egamez

Integrating Cinemar with JDS Stargate

Postby egamez » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:51 pm

Hi JDS Stargate Owners

For those of you who owns a JDS Stargate and use Cinemar Mainlobby suite, I am wondering if you have integrated both without using HomeSeer. Along the time I have been realizing that Cinemar outcomes HS in a lot of features/functionalities so I am unable to figure out what additional benefits I can take avantage from HS beyond the fact to serve as a interfase between my JDS Stargate and Mainlobby.

If you are asking yourself why I want to use a Stargate, well a) I bought it before Cinemar came to market 2) for sensitive control functions I would prefer relay on JDS because its advantages as standalone, reliable controller vs a PC based ( I know I can use a Security/home Controller unit such as ELKM1 Gold but that's a step further), 3) JDS support a cost/effective LCD Keypads which are very usefull for basic control functionalities in each room ( lightning, thermostats, caller ID and security and 4) Stargate has built in native support for my RCS Multizone HVAC Controller as well for Leviton Lightning X10 Extended Command for lightning.

Anyway if any of you have found that HS can bring together with Cinemar additional capabilities/functionalities wich cannot be delivered today by Mainlobby itself please give me some lights so I could think to keep my HS license and still integrate JDS into Cinemar via HS.

Thanks in advance

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:01 pm

Hi egamez,
There is the MLRCSThermo plugin just released for RCS serial thermostats. I don't know if anyone has tried it with a full RCS zone controller yet, so don't know if it would work or not. Feel free to download the plugin from MLInstaller and give it a try and advise.

I don't expect Cinemar to develop a plugin for Stargate as the demand would likely be low. It also seems the Stargate is getting less and less market traction as years roll by.

As far as advantages that Homeseer offers, as both products have advanced, there is fewer and fewer things HS does that MainLobby doesn't. One notable difference is no VR support in ML, but we don't see much market need for that today either due to relatively poor results in real homes, with real users. Bill Gates is still committed to VR as a "ultimate" technology, but it seems to still be a distance away from being robust.

Our next round of product introductions will surely put more seperation in the product capabilities for real home, with real people :)

mattdb

Postby mattdb » Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:47 am

Just thought I would throw my two cents.

I love my stargate just for the reliability alone.

egamez

Postby egamez » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Hi Mattdb

Thanks for replay. Are you managing your Stargate from Mainlobby ??. If you have a set up with both or even both with HomeSeer would you mind to share how you are leveraging capabilities from each and how you are integrating them

Thanks

Return to “Home Automation”