Security System: Honeywell Ademco Vista Series?

Place to post your ideas and questions on how to integrate Cinemar's software in a Home Automation System (lighting, security, hvac, etc.)
T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Security System: Honeywell Ademco Vista Series?

Postby T.Wells » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:51 am

Hello-

I have a security system installed on my house and based on the manual; I have an Ademco Vista series panel installed in my basement. I was wondering if this would work with one of the ML plug-ins or would I have to replace my system in an effort to use ML as a controller? At first glance, it appears that ELK panels are preferred.

Thanks,
T.Wells

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:04 am

The Ademco Vista system is not supported in MainLobby Suite today.

The ELK is the HA preferred panel. There exists the MLELKM1 plugin for interfacing with it.

It would be less expensive to replace the panel, then to pay for the development of a plugin to talk to the Vista. Not sure if the Vista is HA friendly or not.

You likely can reuse the sensors you have with the ELK, but that is a consideration you should look into as the swap would then become quite a bit more extensive. Swapping just the panel isn't too painful if the existing sensors et al are reusable.

Keypads would have to be replaced too.

Once you have MainLobby / MLELKM1, you might consider replacing keypads (all but one) with in wall touchscreens for the multipurpose of security and all other Mainlobby controlled capabilities.

T.Wells
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby T.Wells » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:04 pm

Smooth,

Thanks for the detailed reply. I'll keep these items in mind as I move forward with my project.

Kind regards,
T.Wells

Return to “Home Automation”