Cinemar software and Windows 8

Cinemar News & Announcements
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Cinemar software and Windows 8

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:52 am

No need to change the registry setting. I have modified the V4 Installation assistant to be compatible with Windows 8 UAC settings. However after installing the Installation assistant Windows 8 users will have to right-click on the CIA desktop icon and modify the compatibility mode properties. You need to check off the "Run this program as Administrator" check box. See the following.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Windows 8 - Map Network Drives

Postby Oronomus » Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:46 pm

Ran into a quirk with Win8 where I would add mapped network drives in Explorer, but functions such as file look up (or a specific ML problem, open file or folder in MPC) would not reveal the mapped drives. I found the following solution, if anyone else runs into this problem:

1. - run regedit
2. - locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Policies/System
3 - create a new DWORD entry with the name EnableLinkedConnections and value 1. I used DWORD on a 64bit system even though it references 32 bit.
4 - restart your computer
5 - now your applications can see and use network drives.

In one discussion, it was stated that Microsoft had promised to fix this (obviously a simple fix). My Win8 may not have been fully updated, or the fix may come in a near-term release. So you may not see this issue. As always, back up before making registry changes.

Return to “News & Announcements”