WeatherLobby 3.90 Released: Now Free to All Customers

Cinemar News & Announcements
mcascio
Founder
Founder

WeatherLobby 3.90 Released: Now Free to All Customers

Postby mcascio » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Dear Cinemar Customers,

We've got some exciting news. WeatherLobby 3.90 is now available for download and is now FREE to all customers -- even if you never purchased WeatherLobby. As a way of saying thanks to our customers for all their support over the years, we've transitioned WeatherLobby to a FREE product. This new version includes extensive weather data previously not available; such as, 10 day forecast, 48 hour by hour weather forecast, weather alerts, current, historic, ski, pollen, and tide conditions.

WeatherLobby 3.90 is available for immediate download.

Visit our website for complete details:
http://www.cinemarsolutions.com/weatherlobby.php
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: WeatherLobby 3.90 Released: Now Free to All Customers

Postby kgingerich » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:34 pm

Where's the catch?

Tommy Likey.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:48 am

The catch is that you are more likely to have rain in your area when using the WeatherLobby plugin. :)

We will be releasing another plugin that will allow you to control the weather by zipcode - it hasn't rained or snowed by me in weeks since I started beta testing. <just kidding>
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby sonypoolplr » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:07 am

Are there any changes that have to be made to the existing scenes to accommodate the new weatherlobby?

And also thanks for the new product.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:41 am

While there are a ton of new variables, there are now two sets. One set matches the old WeatherLobby variables so the scenes wouldn't need to be modified. Another set, has those same variables, but also adds all the extra ones.

Happy New Year to everyone!
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

itanic
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby itanic » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:37 am

No Intelicast subscription required? If we still have the old weatherlobby installed do we just install the new plugin on top of it or do we need to uninstall the old plugin first?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:44 am

itanic wrote:No Intelicast subscription required? If we still have the old weatherlobby installed do we just install the new plugin on top of it or do we need to uninstall the old plugin first?

There is no subscription required and you gain most of the features of the former MLIntellicast Plugin.

Yes - you can install the newer version on top of the old - the plugin does not require a license key anymore.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:00 am

If we kept it subscription based, our costs would have gone higher than they already are. We felt it would have become too expensive for users already looking to save some change.

So Cinemar is going to absorb the licensing fee's on this one in hopes of recouping costs through the sale of other software.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

JaySway

Postby JaySway » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:54 pm

This is great news - thank you for the free update.

One question, it looks like in version 3.90 the available maps list is back to the original 12 WeatherLobby maps. Is this correct or did I mess up the install? The Intellicast maps were overkill for the most part but I will miss the Animated local radar.

Thanks,
Jay

Cecil

Postby Cecil » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:13 pm

Installer still installs previous version (3.75.72) even though it shows 3.90 as the latest. Is the latest version really on the installer and it is just a numbering problem with the plugin?

Cecil

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:28 pm

Jay,

Our licensing requirements did not allow us to include all the maps. Users can manually configure the maps to their heart's content though to point to any web image.

Cecil,

Make sure you click on the update Listings in the Installation Assistant.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Cecil

Postby Cecil » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:35 pm

Interesting. If I dlownload it, I get 3.9.09. If I just install it from the installer I get 3.75.72.

Cecil

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:52 pm

Perhaps a caching issue with your browser.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

donaldeweaver

Postby donaldeweaver » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:08 pm

[quote="JaySway"]This is great news - thank you for the free update.

One question, it looks like in version 3.90 the available maps list is back to the original 12 WeatherLobby maps. Is this correct or did I mess up the install? The Intellicast maps were overkill for the most part but I will miss the Animated local radar.

Thanks,
Jay[/quote]

Jay,
Per the Wiki, you can import maps from a .map file. (this brings in thousands of maps, similar to or the same as intellicast)

Importing Maps

1. Open the MLWeatherLobby plugin.
2. Click on the Maps tab at the top.
3. Click on the Import.
4. Select the *.map file to be Imported.
NOTE: A sample map import file with over 5000 maps is installed in the root MLServer folder. The name of the file is "All Weather Maps.map"

It taks a few minutes for them to populate into the plugin, but it worked just fine for me.

cadillackid

Postby cadillackid » Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:43 am

I have a really "dumb" question.. in the old weatherlobby I always just used the Text features as i had my own weather maps / radar coming from a local TV station feed through a video capture card.. thank you that now i have the text weather back so im able to see my forecasts etc..

that cable provider has dropped the feed so now i want to use maps and radars in weatherlobby..

I see where those get converted to swf files.. but how do i get that swf file into a mainlobby scene? the Wiki has VERY LITTLE info about designing scenes with weatherlobby..

I copied the weather folder for the 0019 samples into my content directory.. my content dir is c:\mainlobby_scenes\ so i put the sample in c:\mainlobby_scenes\0019\1024x768\weather

and I can open the weather.mls and see the textual data but the graphics give "image not found" for the small graphics.. clicking edit of the image "button" shows it is looking for an image with a _icon in the filename and all my images in my weather images folder none have a _icon in their filenames...

so then I opened the weather_maps scene and I see the previous and next buttons.. but no maps even though in my server i see a map348.swf where I had enabled a radar map.. I cant for the life of me figure out how a map physically makes its way to the stage.. the previous / next buttons do nothing when pressed.. and in design mode when I do a select all I dont see anything turn red that might be an object to display a map.... in the server I see my server variables updating when I hit the next button so i know the server /client talk.. activemap variable goes to 1,2,3,4 etc.. but nothing displays on the screen... so since I for sure saw an swf for map348 I made a button and put in it MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|ActiveMap~348

when I press it I dont even see the activemap server variable change to 348 it just stays at whatver it was.. seems next and previous change the variable.. even when I manually set the variable to 348 no map ever displayed on the screen...

im sure im just doing something very elementary dumb so I just need a bit of a pointer to get me in the right direction.. or pointed to a document.. the wiki I cannot find anything about how to use weatherlobby in a client scene just how to set it up on the server... for text ive got that its easy just variables.. just graphics are giving a bit of a tough time..
-Christopher

Return to “News & Announcements”