Cinemar Announces New Fanless In-Wall Touch Panel PC

Cinemar News & Announcements
kevind
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kevind » Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am

The big question which only time will tell is how reliable these units are. I"ve also tried numerous touchscreen options and have found....so far....that the only ones still fully functioning years later are the NOBU brand. If these units are as reliable as nobu then we have a winner.

lilsmurfman

Postby lilsmurfman » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:10 am

DaveB wrote: On the Touchtronix issue; That was a common problem that is easily repaired with a new small control board for the touch logic. The original one had a lag issue and was fixed in a later version update.

Bottom line; The AIO is a good choice as compaired to what is being offered out there today.

The one format that I still like that some of the others are using is a

4" x 7"

I like that size and format better than any I have seen or used.

Can you elaborate more on the control board? Where can these be found? Easy to install?

I have 8 touchtronix in use, I cant stand the lag...

I'm gonna purchase an AIO soon to test, they look great to me in comparison. I've always loved the Elk screens but they ran CE, since these run vista, far more possibilities are available and look like the same quality as other high end automation co brands who all use an OEM anyway

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:49 pm

Yea - I will dig out my old screen that the documentation for the boards. I actually had the board replaced in the one I have.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

lilsmurfman

Postby lilsmurfman » Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:13 pm

DaveB wrote:Yea - I will dig out my old screen that the documentation for the boards. I actually had the board replaced in the one I have.

nice! keep me posted

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:14 pm

I should have some time this weekend to take a look.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:44 am

Here's a photo of an AIO-Touch 8.4" installed in my Master Bathroom. I took some photos during the install that I'll post when I get a chance and/or write up a quick how-to. I've also created a cutout template that others can benefit from that makes it really easy to get the exact size and positioning of the touch panel on the wall. I'm more than happy to share this with anyone.

I pointed MainLobby to the same content folder as my Kitchen touch screen so I only have to maintain one set of scenes in a central location. Even though it's only an 8.4" screen, the 1024x768 standard 0019 scenes work extremely well and I've had no problem with buttons being too small.

Now I can even distribute and listen to music using MusicLobby 3.75's remote source and the AIO-Touch builtin speakers. Since we don't have a phone in the master bath, I've also setup this panel to play a ring tone upon an incoming call. This prompts you to look at the screen to see who is calling. I also added a horn honk sound effect for when visitors enter the driveway.

Because the master bath is on the other side of the house, we often would miss visitors stopping by or would really have to keep our eyes and ears alert if we were expecting someone. Intentionally our ELK announcements do not play in the master bedroom so having announcements take place in the master bath won't disrupt anyone while sleeping.

A few tips for those installing. The standard power supply didn't provide enough amps for my 80 foot run over 16 gauge - shorter runs may not have an issue. I picked up a 24v 1.8amp power supply and that did the trick. I'd also recommend picking up some vinyl J-bead from a local hardware store. This prevents you from flaking off the drywall and paint around the edges of our cutout and also provides additional support when screwing the panel into the wall. The screws are pretty close to the edge of the drywall - so the J-Bead worked perfect. A great $1.79 investment. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Re: Cinemar Announces New Fanless In-Wall Touch Panel PC

Postby kgingerich » Mon Oct 12, 2009 3:26 pm

[quote]A few tips for those installing. The standard power supply didn't provide enough amps for my 80 foot run over 16 gauge - shorter runs may not have an issue. I picked up a 24v 1.8amp power supply and that did the trick.[/quote]

Do you have any links for a suitable dc power supply? I found one here http://www.provantage.com/valcom-vp-4024c~7VALC02T.htm but it's friggin expensive and for a telephone switch i think.

For now I put a recepticle in my wall and have the transformer in my wall which is obviously against code and a fire hazard.

One thing I will say is that this touchscreen is awesome!! The screen is beautiful and responsive. Expensive but worth it.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:24 am

Anyone know where to get a 24v 1.8amp transformer online?

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:33 am

You might try:
http://www.jameco.com or even ebay.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:50 am

24v AC or DC?
AC: HVAC systems run on 24Volt. Lots of places to get that. Radio Shack included.

Return to “News & Announcements”