Updates on the Horizon

Cinemar News & Announcements
EUROTECH

Re: Updates on the Horizon

Postby EUROTECH » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:47 am

Is it safe to say that Cinemar is no more? No updates, no responses from questions that some have posted on the forums. It's a great thing that MLServer is stable and problem free. I was awaiting on an Alexa integration and Kodi. For the time being, I spent the $50 for 2 yr service of ISY portal to control the lights, done thru FireTV's. It would have been nice to see Cinemar continue as I would have spent the money to support them. No Black Friday/cyber Monday deals means to me they are done. Lots of automation systems have integrated with Alexa as of late. I truly do hope something comes back around and hope all is well with Dave and Marco.

chuck99z28
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby chuck99z28 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:38 am

[quote="EUROTECH"]Is it safe to say that Cinemar is no more? No updates, no responses from questions that some have posted on the forums. It's a great thing that MLServer is stable and problem free. I was awaiting on an Alexa integration and Kodi. For the time being, I spent the $50 for 2 yr service of ISY portal to control the lights, done thru FireTV's. It would have been nice to see Cinemar continue as I would have spent the money to support them. No Black Friday/cyber Monday deals means to me they are done. Lots of automation systems have integrated with Alexa as of late. I truly do hope something comes back around and hope all is well with Dave and Marco.[/quote]

I hope you are wrong. I love working with mainlobby. I hope Dave is ok, perhaps just on vacation.

ffneil

Postby ffneil » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:44 am

I've been having the same thoughts. Although it is stable, what if my server or hard drive on the server fails? Will there be a way to reactivate? The frontend of Mainlooby is awesome and makes for an intuitive wife friendly UI. I can see where there would be a decline of new users, with the likes of VERA, WINK, IRIS, etc, Joey consumer can do 75% of what we can do with Mainlobby by clicking a button and adding a device and with very little effort create rules and scenes. I just build some basic automation into my daughters house using the above components, it was easy, inexpensive, and works, but it is missing the Mainlobby type UI. I too hope that something sparks the rebirth of Cinemar or it is sold and someone else takes the reigns.

fahrer

Postby fahrer » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:02 am

I've been thinking about that of late too. I've invested a lot of time into my Cinemar setup and I would hate to lose it. All of the other solutions out there rely on specific apps for certain tasks or products rather than integrating everything into one cohesive, customizable interface.

There's a clause in the licensing section of the wiki: http://wiki.cinemaronline.com/index.php ... e_Recovery
"Cinemar keeps record of all registration requests to protect against software piracy. If Cinemar were to stop supporting MLServer, permanent registration codes would be sent to all registered licensee’s of MLServer application. Please help us update Cinemar’s records by providing your updated email and / or address (if different than your ordering information) to: info@cinemaronline.com"

At what point is MLServer considered to be no longer supported and would a permanent registration code apply to new hardware in case the current computer dies?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:04 pm

That whole paragraph is confusing and I wonder why it even got in there? All users who have purchased software already have permanent license keys and permanent activation codes.

monteourdog

Postby monteourdog » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:13 pm

What about moving the license from one pc to another - is that something we can do on our own?

On another note...are products still available from Cinemar and does the system still exist to activate new products? Oh, and BTW, if you were just about to push out a Christmas discount - now would be a perfect time...

Cheers!

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:25 pm

Moving from one PC to another PC happens frequently. Fully supported. You use the same license keys and just request new activation codes from the new PC. The activation codes from the old PC will be terminated. Shopping cart and activation system fully functional.

fcwilt

Postby fcwilt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:16 am

What is this email I have gotten from "Allonis LLC" claiming to have a new system which is a "rewrite of MLServer"?

Is Cinemar no more?

Frederick

dwarfer

Postby dwarfer » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:30 am

I Just got the same email also!

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:05 pm

[quote="fcwilt"]What is this email I have gotten from "Allonis LLC" claiming to have a new system which is a "rewrite of MLServer"?

Is Cinemar no more?

Frederick[/quote]

I spoke to David Li, owner of Allonis LLC, this does appear to be the next step from MainLobby. It appears to be a more stable system and works extensively off of HTML5. I think I am going to be making the switch as soon as I get my server up-to-spec, by adding 2 SSD drives in RAID1.

fcwilt

Postby fcwilt » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Thanks for the info.

It would be nice if Cinemar would post something explaining just what is going on.

Is Cinemar closing down having sold the assets to Allonis?

Frederick

albright_family
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby albright_family » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:39 pm

[quote="fcwilt"]Thanks for the info.

It would be nice if Cinemar would post something explaining just what is going on.

Is Cinemar closing down having sold the assets to Allonis?

Frederick[/quote]

No clue.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:44 pm

Cinemar has not sold anything to Allonis nor received a single penny of compensation.

If it looks extremely familiar, it's because it's a complete rip off of Cinemar's software.

fcwilt

Postby fcwilt » Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:19 pm

[quote="mcascio"]Cinemar has not sold anything to Allonis nor received a single penny of compensation.

If it looks extremely familiar, it's because it's a complete rip off of Cinemar's software.[/quote]

Well that is not right - and it would seem to be in violation of some law.

Frederick

Return to “News & Announcements”