Map overlay problem

Please post general questions about WeatherLobby here
chiphayes

Map overlay problem

Postby chiphayes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:46 am

After installing a new out-of-the-box download of the Lodge UI, I'm having some problems with the weather scene.

There was no map being populated (in the upper left corner), but I got that to work by checking the reload box on the button panel.

However,I can't seem to get the old behavior to work, where clicking that map brought up a larger version in an overlay scene. The MLCmd is the same as it was in earlier versions... loadOverlayAdvanced|0026_weather_maps.mls~4, and the 0026_weather_maps_mls scene is there in the folder. I just can't get any reaction at all to a button press.

Suggestions?

Chip

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Re: Map overlay problem

Postby rileydog » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:25 am

Check your mainlobby content folder in Options - Startup on the client - given your syntax that 0026_weather_maps.mls must reside where the content folder is since your load overlay doesn't specify a path.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:55 am

Also, Lodge gets confused between the "Old" weatherlobby and the "New" version as the set was designed at the transition. I had to move several things around to get it all working. Make sure that your main weather scene is actually the scene in the weather sub-directory of your main scene set, and not the weather scene in the root directory of that set.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

chiphayes

Postby chiphayes » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks, Guys...

That was my problem. I didn't realize the new advanced stuff didn't drag the old weather stuff with it. I didn't have 0026_weather_maps.mls in the root folder.

Chip

Return to “WeatherLobby Questions & Answers”