Ski Conditions in 3.90.29

Please post general questions about WeatherLobby here
beerguy

Ski Conditions in 3.90.29

Postby beerguy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi -
Can anyone give some guidance on how to get the Ski Conditions to work. I've chosen zip codes that are within about a mile of several ski resorts (96145 in Lake Tahoe) but can't seem to get the variables to populate. I can see Pollen and Tide info so part of it seems to be working. I've also tried other areas that I've seen people refer to (Boston, MA) and still can't get the variables. I feel like I'm missing a setting somewhere but haven't seen anything in the wiki, the forums, or the plugin.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Pat

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Ski Conditions in 3.90.29

Postby mcascio » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:25 pm

Visit intellicast's website and see if you see information there. That's where we source the data from.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

beerguy

Postby beerguy » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:33 pm

Thanks for the reply Mario. I tried that but it wasn't obvious as to whether the data was there or not. For instance, Aspen, CO, which should have several ski resorts nearby, http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weathe ... n=USCO0016 doesn't show anything obvious as local ski data. There is a link at the bottom to "Ski and Snow" but it makes you go through a list and self-select a state and then resorts. There must be something else at play as to how the ski resort is chosen.

Any further help would be appreciated.

Pat

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:34 am

We do not have any control over picking a ski resort. Nor is there anything in the Intellicast documentation the gives a hint as to how they pick ski locations. I'll check with Intellicast to see if they might have something we can use for cross reference.

beerguy

Postby beerguy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:01 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave. Can anyone give me a zip code that is successfully pulling ski resort data so that I can at least test my setup. Everything I've tried doesn't seem to pull any data.

Thanks,

Pat

brettcp

Postby brettcp » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:44 pm

Anybody found out how to get this working? I can't seem to find any ZIP codes which pull ski conditions.

Return to “WeatherLobby Questions & Answers”