Weatherlobby freeze

Please post general questions about WeatherLobby here
Robethan09

Weatherlobby freeze

Postby Robethan09 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:06 pm

Have two buttons for Canadian cities. Can toggle between the two for about 10 min then freezes. I am using mlserver 3.75.78 and mlweatherlobby 3.90.9 but under latest says 3.90.12.0. Have no errors in my log and ProcessCommand is working. Have to restart the mlserver to correct this but freezes again.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Re: Weatherlobby freeze

Postby rileydog » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Install 3.90.12 again - I did and it corrected the issues (I had the same problem). There are several posts on this topic right before yours.

Robethan09

Postby Robethan09 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:30 pm

Ok thanks for the quick response rileydog. I have been searching the forum for a while and did reinstall the plugin via mainlobby installer and thought it worked but same issue started but I will try again as being new may have missed something.

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:43 pm

You probably should delete all software pieces of Weatherlobby prior installations and install the very latest again.

Robethan09

Postby Robethan09 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:56 pm

Thanks Dave. So add/remove should uninstall all correct or is there something else to remove?

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Make sure you delete the images in the images folder (the MLWeather folder in images) - that was the one I forgot when installing the update and had many problems - also delete the dll and data files so you have a clean install.

I am still troubleshooting a few problems on my end - the big nagging issues I have now are

a) Legacy maps from the weather channel are not reliably updating - all my maps are now over a day old, even when I click update - I am switching to the other maps (intellicast maps) but the jury is out on if I solved the problem as some intellicast maps seem stale too. But, I had no weather channel maps updated in over a day and a good number of intellicast maps are updated so I figured stick to just the intellicast and go from there.

b) animated maps are hit an miss - I am using Current Radar (animated) - United States (#354) - after some time, it goes blank (meaning no map is shown) and until I click update now from the plugin, it doesn't get a new one.

I haven't had time to troubleshoot the above but when I get more details and can recreate, I will post. I am not going farther with a) since I switched all my maps to Intellicast maps. But, I would like the animated map working so I will look into that.

One feature I would love is a way to issue an ML command to update instead of using the plugin - I was thinking of updating based on my weather station using a server rule - instead of every X minutes, allow a more dynamic approach and as a fail-safe, have a button on an ML Scene...

By the way, thanks Cinemar for making this "free" (even though I did pay for it some time ago) - great plugin.

Return to “WeatherLobby Questions & Answers”