Next/PreviousMap commands not working...

Please post general questions about WeatherLobby here
Near76
Intermediate
Intermediate

Next/PreviousMap commands not working...

Postby Near76 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:06 pm

I just installed the latest version and noticed that NextMap and PreviousMap commands are not working for me. However, ActiveMap~ works just fine...anyone else see this? I see the active_map variable change, but the url and description variables are not.
-Matt

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Next/PreviousMap commands not working...

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:33 am

Those commands work fine for me here. What are you seeing in your logs?

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:21 pm

I am having the same problem - I deleted everything in the old weatherlobby and re-installed. Restarted the machine, etc. Latest ML Server, Windows 7

I looked at the Weatherlobby logs and none of my commands are making it to the plugin log - but, I am seeing them in the MLServer logs. Bizarre.

The plugin is registered and I can interact with the plugin setup windows so I am at a loss on what to do.

I didn't have the intellicast version before upgrading - I had the classic paid ML Weatherlobby

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:24 pm

After re-reading the first post, my problem is a little different in that no commands are working - every command I send is not making it to the WL plugin...

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:32 pm

rileydog wrote:After re-reading the first post, my problem is a little different in that no commands are working - every command I send is not making it to the WL plugin...

What version does it say you have in MLSERVER's MLWeatherLobby in the Plugin's window?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:43 pm

DaveP is aware.

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:22 pm

3.90.9/3.75.78

If he needs to login into my system, DP has the info - thanks,

atalbert

Postby atalbert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:15 pm

Near76 wrote:I just installed the latest version and noticed that NextMap and PreviousMap commands are not working for me. However, ActiveMap~ works just fine...anyone else see this? I see the active_map variable change, but the url and description variables are not.

I just upgraded to the latest Weatherlobby and have the same problem. Boy has the WAF dropped today since I did the "upgrade" and a number of my weatherlobby things have stopped working. :(

Also sad to lose 4 "spots" in the city list.
Tony Talbert

metus delenda est

donaldeweaver

Postby donaldeweaver » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:32 pm

The next and previous map commands are working for me. I am using the following commands: MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|PreviousMap and MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|NextMap.

Also, if you want more locations to display, you can create buttons with one of the following commands:

MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|Active~Number/Zip Code/Location ID
(Literal)
MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|Active~1
MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|Active~12345
MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|Active~USWI0644
Parameters
Number/Zip Code/Location ID = The number, zip code, or location id of the location you wish to set to active.

You have to hard code the button label, but the variables {{mlweather_location}}, {{mlweather_city}}, {{mlweather_stateabbr}}, and {{mlweather_state}} will display the selected location once you click on the button. I have tried all 3 of the scenarios above with no problem.

atalbert

Postby atalbert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:39 pm

donaldeweaver wrote:The next and previous map commands are working for me. I am using the following commands: MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|PreviousMap and MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|NextMap.

Also, if you want more locations to display, you can create buttons with one of the following commands:

MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|Active~Number/Zip Code/Location ID
(Literal)
MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|Active~1
MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|Active~12345
MLServeCmd.MLWeatherLobby|Active~USWI0644
Parameters
Number/Zip Code/Location ID = The number, zip code, or location id of the location you wish to set to active.

You have to hard code the button label, but the variables {{mlweather_location}}, {{mlweather_city}}, {{mlweather_stateabbr}}, and {{mlweather_state}} will display the selected location once you click on the button. I have tried all 3 of the scenarios above with no problem.

I'm using the exact same command which worked fine under my older version of WeatherLobby (3.75 I think).

Edit: 12/31 2048 CST: I just checked the logs and the commands are going through. Also the mlweather_activ_map variable is incrementing and decrementing so the problem must be in my mls files (i.e something not compatable with the new version)

Thanks for the hint re extra locations. I'll give it a try next year :)

Happy New Year to all.

Tony
Tony Talbert

metus delenda est

atalbert

AH! Figured it out

Postby atalbert » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:42 pm

Well, I figured out how to get the next and previous map commands working in my older mls files. The problem was in the variable mlweather_active_map_url. The jpg file (map1 ... map12) to which this was pointing did not update with the changing of the mlweather_active_map variable. I changed the url variable to include the mlweather_active_map variable.

To be more specific, the ...map_url variable ended in ...images/MLweather\map1.jpg. I changed this to ... images/mlweather\map{{mlweather_active_map}}.jpg and I can now change the maps.

Gee and there is still 2 hours and 15 minutes left in the year! :lol:
Tony Talbert

metus delenda est

rileydog
Expert
Expert

Postby rileydog » Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:55 pm

For those who have nothing working, I fixed the problem by deleting everything that was MLWeatherLobby before installing - my mistake before was forgetting all the files in the images folder - I completely removed the plugin, the images and the data file, restarted, and installed.

Now, all the commands are making it to the plugin.....

But, I too am having the problem mentioned in a prior post - the variable mlweather_active_map is functioning properly with commands but the mlweather_active_map_url is not changing (stuck on map 1)... I think this is a bug, correct? I would assume that the url should contain the active map.

Thanks.

donaldeweaver

Postby donaldeweaver » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:09 pm

The url I am using for viewing the active map is: {{mlweather_map{{mlweather_active_map}}_url}}

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:17 am

images/mlweather\map{{mlweather_active_map}}.jpg
Note: you have a slash backwards.

{{mlweather_map{{mlweather_active_map}}_url}}
Is what the default scenes are now using

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:24 pm

Version 3.90.12 of the WeatherLobby plugin restores the older active map server variables. They got missed in the 3.90 update.

Return to “WeatherLobby Questions & Answers”