WeatherLobby next generation

Please post general questions about WeatherLobby here
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: WeatherLobby next generation

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:44 am

I don't think I have the {{tempsymbol}} variable, becasue none of the temperature values are showing. I was going to add it manually, but I am not sure what the variable data should be. It just an f or a c? Also, if I click on the radar, I get a blank web page with, "Navigation to web page was canceled". What should I check?

Thanks.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 am

Look at your variables under _General. You should see this;

temsymbol - F
tempunits - Fahrenheit

If they are not there, just make them as a test. You can not hurt anything.

On the radar map - mine is also blank. Dave will need to tell us how to implement it.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:15 am

Thanks Dave. That worked, I wasn't sure what the variable should be.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:10 am

Wow - I just discovered all the maps! It will take a month to figure out what they all do and to get the settings correct! :roll:
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:23 am

1. I am attempting to make the toolbar (0028 interface) dynamic. I changed the button labels to the {{mlweather_location1_city}} variable. I want the button action to use the {{mlweather_location1_id}} variable. This will not work MLWeather|Active~{{mlweather_location1_id}}, but MLWeatherLobby works. You should be consistent.

Hmmm, MLWeatherLobby|Active~{{mlweather_location1_id}} still works for me. I'll check to see if there is some condition that doesn't work.

2. One feature that everyone in the house grew to love was the moon phase and icons. Any chance of implementing that?

The moon icons and phases are still there. We're in a new moon phase right now so that is why there is no icon on the main page. But it is right below the sun next to the nighttime forecast. Library 28 scenes do not have the moon on them at this time but will be updated.

3. I see the need to somehow have the ability to select a specific area or location for some of the advanced items. I do not know if this needs to be dynamic or just a setting. Tides and ski reports are the two that I would like to change. The reports that auto-selected are rather silly.

Right now we are getting tide and ski data for the closest reporting port and ski resort to the selected weather location. In order to get more selective we'd have to download the entire ski and tide dataset and then parse out the data you're interested in. Over 100mb of data for each days update. Might have to investigate the best way to do this.

4. You need to look into implementing multiple weather alerts in both the plug-in and the interface. Today is a great local example in that there is a coastal flood warning and a high wind alert (yes, today is not a good day to visit me in NJ).

As you change weather locations you'll get the weather alerts for the current location. Since there is only one set of server variables for the current location we cannot track multiple alerts coming from multiple weather locations. I'd have to allow for more than one active weather location. Will look into it.

5. When you press the arrow for the next five days, the sunrise/sunset changes, Precipitation changes and the UV Index changes rather than sticking to today

You're right. That's an issue with the 0028 scenes and not the plugin. They'll get fixed.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:27 am

Oh, the maps. If you select one of the animated maps MLWorker will automatically take the animated gif file and convert it into an swf file for viewing in MainLobby. Some of the animated maps are rather large and you will see the GifToSWF converter consuming some CPU while it is processing the image. If your MLServer PC doesn't have the horsepower to convert the maps then stick with the non-animated versions. There are over 5000 maps in the list.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:36 am

The Radar page uses WebLobby to open the Radar.html web page in the MLServer\HTML folder. The link that is in the page is

http://{{server_servername}}/Radar.html

this assumes that you have the MLServer webserver on port 80 enabled. You can change this to

http://{{server_servername}}:{{your web server port}}/Radar.html if you do not use port 80

or

http://{{server_servername}}:6246/HTML/Radar.html if you do not have the user web server running.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:42 am

Dave; Another issue just came up. I restarted MLS without saving variables on purpose to attempt to clean out the old weather variables. Worked great....except now I have no maps visible. I know they downloaded, as I can manually see them in the directory. Something to do with {{mlweather_map{{mlweather_active_map}}_url}}. Forward and back arrows do nothing. I tried this with both the 0019 and 0028 interfaces. Where should I look? What controls the active map ID? It previously worked when all I had selected was the legacy maps (1-10). Now that they seem to be larger ID numbers, they do not work.

On the alert thing, I do get alerts per location without issue. Just was attempting to get multiple alerts for the default location, not all locations if this helps.

this assumes that you have the MLServer webserver on port 80 enabled. You can change this to

Ah....mine is on port 86, not 80. Can I change where it is looking? <----figured this out! added the port to the call
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Mon Oct 19, 2009 5:33 pm

So Dave - any response on the map issue above? Is it something I did, a setting or am I just going nuts? I went back to the legacy maps labeled 1-10 and they work fine. It is something to do with the map numbering.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:39 pm

I know that it isn't Cinemar's fault, but I have noticed that Intellicast hasn't updated the weather for my area, Franlinville, NJ since 8:54 AM this morning. I also checked a few areas next to me, with the same results. Not a good thing to see, when my iTouch is showing 63 and Intellicast is showing 46.

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:41 pm

We did get an email from Intellicast this morning saying their system was down and they expected to have it back within a few hours.

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:15 pm

Ah, well that explains it. That is good to hear, I was hoping it wasn't because it had bad data.

Thanks.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:35 pm

Thats because you live in Franlinville. We need to buy you a T Shirt with "Where the hell is Franlinville" on the front! :lol:
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:50 pm

DaveB wrote:So Dave - any response on the map issue above? Is it something I did, a setting or am I just going nuts? I went back to the legacy maps labeled 1-10 and they work fine. It is something to do with the map numbering.

Dave - hate to be a pest, but have you looked at this map issue I am having?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:04 pm

DaveB wrote:Thats because you live in Franlinville. We need to buy you a T Shirt with "Where the hell is Franlinville" on the front! :lol:

Hey that's not nice.... :D

I am just happy when I put my zip code in, something comes up for it, and I don't have pick something like Millvile or Vineland.

Return to “WeatherLobby Questions & Answers”