WeatherLobby next generation

Please post general questions about WeatherLobby here
CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: WeatherLobby next generation

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:12 pm

The sample advanced map scene works fine here and every other PC I've tested on. Is anything being logged when you issue the NextMap / PrevMap commands? In the old world you were limited to a maximum of 12 maps. Now that restriction is lifted. There can be an unlimited number of maps. Active map will equate to the unique map ID you see in the list of available maps.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:51 pm

It may be somthing to do the the 0028 interface. I am not sure what just happened. I have had the no map issue since Sunday. After my post I opened the 0028 original map scene and changed my directory to match temporarily. The advanced weather scene acted the exact as mine. I then opened the standard weather scene, and a map showed up. I then went back to my 0028 scene set, and all started working. I closed and reopened main lobby, and all still works on all my clients. All clients were with the same issue, that is why I was pointing at a MLS issue. If this thing creeps back up after a MLS restart, I will let you know.

Any pricing established yet?
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:54 pm

It might be the 0028 scenes. I'm reviewing them right now.

Pricing for Intellicast will be $39.99 per year or $59.99 for 2 years.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 pm

David;

I think I figured it out and just duplicated the issue. On you scene, scroll to a map; leave ML open and go to the plug-in setup for maps; make the current map being viewed inactive; Go back to your scene, and like magic, you are stuck like I was. So I am not crazy!!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Ah Ok - that's what I needed. Thanks for tracking down the missing steps. Now the fix is in the works.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:14 pm

Dave;
One small comment - in your setup screen for locations in the plug-in - you should allow repositioning of the locations so that you can reorder them. I I design a standard interface and lock the buttons across a screen to location 1-5, I would like the ability to move the locations around without a bunch of interface mods.

And the other item that I have always wanted to do is somehow make the map follow the location that is selected. Not the whole map set, just maybe the favorite map for a specific location, like radar or something. An architecture that allows each location entered in the plugin (not searched on screen) to have a favorite map, and then force the display to change when the location is selected. Just something for you to think about!
Last edited by DaveB on Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:17 pm

I'll add the ability to set the sort order in the next release.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:21 pm

Sorry - look at what I added to the above post...
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:35 pm

No problem. Interesting feature. I'll give the option to set a "map favorite" in the definition of the location. The map favorite will equate to the unique map number. If none is defined then the map favorite will be the first enabled map in the list.

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:24 pm

Do we have to subscribe to intellicast and pay the 30 bucks in order to test out the new plugin? I downloaded it to a test server with a trial mlserver on it and it doesn't update, download variables, or create any maps. Is it just me?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:51 pm

No the Intellicast subscription will work for 30 days like the other plugins. Make sure you are running the latest versions of MLServer and MLWeatherLobby or MLIntellicast will not work.

erikhimber
Expert
Expert

Postby erikhimber » Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:47 am

Dave,

I don't lnow if anyone els4e is having this problem, but all info on the TIDE page is stuck on the date I installed the new WeatherLobby.
The TIDE data does not update, where should I start looking to fix this???

Erik
Erik

kgingerich
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby kgingerich » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:47 am

Here's all I did. Downloaded latest trial of mlserver 3.75.74, latest mlweatherlobby 3.75.45, latest mlintellicast 3.75.1 all to a fresh xp pro install on vmware.

Installed mlserver trial and then each plugin. Started up mlserver I see maybe 50 variables created... none of which are actual weather data for the default location which it looks like is Cinemar's HQ City of Kenosha.

No new maps are in the Images\MLweather folder. I'm not sure what i'm missing.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:24 am

Dave;
I wish that there was a way to force re-initialize variables per module without a MLS restart - part of a larger discussion, but something to look into. Read on...

I can not seem to get the setup to forget the locations that you have initially setup. I love Sedona and all, but really do not care to see the weather there all the time. I have changed that location several times and it comes back. I am saving variables. I think that is the problem. I am saving variables; I change some locations; The existing (prior to change) variables get saves; I restart and the old locations pop back into the plug-in.

Another interesting issue; Not every map in your list of 500 actually works. If I select one that actually has nothing to download, it takes MLWorker a very long time and lots of resources to figure it out and move on. That was my resource issue. I had selected about 4 maps in this category, and I was killing my server. I went through and removed those and all seems now to be much better.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:54 am

Did you go into the plugin and delete the 4 default locations and put your own in? After doing that the originals came back?

What maps did not work? I tested all of those maps before I put them into the database.

Return to “WeatherLobby Questions & Answers”