New GuiGraphix Library 0014

Add visual flare to your interface with our professionally designed GuiGraphix Libraries.
htsource
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby htsource » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:08 am

I'm planning on drawing a floor plan and use different colour bars to show window/door status (red = open, green = close). But how do I do that?

Also, I have the same Toshiba IP camera that Mario has and I'd like to take the current view from the camera and import it to the MainLobby. I believe it can be done but again, I'm not sure how. Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon

htsource
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby htsource » Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:52 am

Got the 2nd part - IP camera picture from one of the mls examples. But I still need help for the first part.

Any help is much appreciated.

Simon

BraveSirRobbin

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:29 pm

htsource wrote:I'm planning on drawing a floor plan and use different colour bars to show window/door status (red = open, green = close). But how do I do that?
Simon

Hi Simon;

I did create a floor plan exactly as you described. You can see it via this link below:

http://www.talaverde.net/Main%20Lobby/ML_House.jpg

I happened to have a floor plan of our house from a flyer handed out when this model was displayed while selling. I then scanned that into an image, then used Adobe Photograph Elements to "emboss" it and touch it up a little. I then added that as a background to a scene.

I then used the rectangle library bars/buttons with the value of the doors/windows from my Homeseer/Caddx devices via the MLHS plugin, and just played around with scaling until they "fit" into the places where doors and windows were on my image. They show red when closed and green when opened.

I even created an "OK to Arm" button that shows red or green based on the condition that ALL doors and windows were closed.

If you need any more details, let me know.

Regards,

BSR
-----------------------------
**** Do You Cocoon? ****

htsource
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby htsource » Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:42 pm

Hi BSR,

Thank you for your reply, I got one floor done. However, I'm trying to put some transparency on the floor plan to make it blends in the 0014 background, however, I have not had any success.

I do have Photoshop but I only use a few features to touch up my photos. It must be something with layering I guess?

Thanks,

Simon

BraveSirRobbin

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:20 pm

Sorry Simon, your getting out of my league as I don't use any of those graphic packages yet (waiting for Mario to create my "special" garage door flash icon first :wink: ).

**** Do You Cocoon? ****

fungun
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby fungun » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:52 pm

Simon, to get transparent, you have to make it into a gif file with a transparent background, then to a swf file to use in ML. You can't make a jpg transparent that I know of.
Send me your pic and I can fix it up for ya.
Tim
Starport Boji ML-HS Info
http://www.geocities.com/fungun

htsource
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby htsource » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:59 pm

BSR, no need to sorry :) I appreciate your reply.

Tim, that's a good idea to create a SWF file out of the floor plan with transparent background. I was trying to blend the 2 pictures together with Photoshop but no luck. I'll give it a try and if I run into any problems, I'll let you know. Thanks for your offer.

Simon

THARTIGH
Expert
Expert

Postby THARTIGH » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:26 pm

I am not sure if its what you are talking about but...
If you browse to a .Jpg in "JPG image or Flash" (button properties panel). You can use the "Alpha" to change the trasparency of the photo. I have a few working this way.

Todd

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:31 pm

I think "transparent background" is different. That's where a given color is considered "the background" and ONLY that color disappears with transparency. Works with GIFs on web sites... but only with SWFs in ML.

THARTIGH
Expert
Expert

Postby THARTIGH » Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:41 pm

AHHHH! I get it. That could be useful.

Todd

BraveSirRobbin

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:42 pm

I noticed that library item 0014_0069 uses a very large amount of CPU time, especially when you increase its size.

Also, is there a way to change the color on item 0014_0070? I need white instead of black.

I have this crazy idea to click a "Show Motion" button on my house floor plan and have the "radar" as a transparent background "underneath" the floor plan (may just change the alpha setting), then have that button 0014_0070 show up when motion is detected in various rooms in the house. So basically it will look like a "home radar system" detecting house movements "to scale" of the floor plan.

The problem I have is when I increase the radar size I'm getting over 80 percent CPU utilization and, since I already have a black background, the "detect" button (0070) doesn't show up (since it's black).

Any suggestions? This was the main reason I wanted this library.

I do have to say that the new buttons which show the on/off color status on their perimeters is VERY cool looking. =D> Will have to play around with this some more.

Thanks,

BSR

**** Do You Cocoon? ****

madmax

Postby madmax » Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:57 pm

my mainlobby.exe is at a constant 95% CPU usage on an Athlon XP 2600+ in my scenes that have 8-10 0014 buttons. I cannot say if it is one particular button or not.

BraveSirRobbin

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:04 am

madmax wrote:my mainlobby.exe is at a constant 95% CPU usage on an Athlon XP 2600+ in my scenes that have 8-10 0014 buttons. I cannot say if it is one particular button or not.

I had some other buttons opened and noticed that the radar one was the largest user of the CPU. When I deleted that button CPU was a lot less (than other buttons I deleted during this test).

**** Do You Cocoon? ****

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun Mar 19, 2006 1:06 am

Guys,

There have been changes made to the libraries in the beta that have dropped down CPU usage. Everyone will be able to get their hands on the latest once we return from the EHX show.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Near76
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Near76 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:33 pm

Mario,

Can you please let us know what graphics libraries have been updated that reflect the recent performance improvements. Thanks.
-Matt

Return to “GuiGraphix Libraries”