New GuiGraphix Library 0014

Add visual flare to your interface with our professionally designed GuiGraphix Libraries.
mcascio
Founder
Founder

New GuiGraphix Library 0014

Postby mcascio » Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:54 pm

Product: GuiGraphix Library 0014
Link: http://www.cinemaronline.com/guigraphix ... y0014.html

With the introduction of GuiGraphix Library 0014 - Cinemar continues its long standing tradition of creating the best looking control interfaces.

Over 90 graphics are included in this Library. Most of them take full advantage of MainLobby's ability to tint graphics. So you can match the graphics to your background.

This Library is the perfect compliment for Russound, HomeSeer, HAL and Elk-M1 users. As you look through the Library you'll find a variety of buttons, sliders, meters, elements, borders and even an animated radar screen to simulate a motion detector. Be sure to also check out the animated Ceiling Fan!

You'll have everything you need to create lighting, thermostat, security, transport control scenes and much more.

Library 0014 is a MUST have for every MainLobby user.
And at less than a dollar per graphic, it's a steal.

As a bonus, Library 0014 also includes:
> Over 90 Graphics
> 8 New Background Skins
> Over 40 predesigned and linked Scenes

Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Bago » Mon May 02, 2005 3:46 pm

Mario,

Fist let me say thanks for the free updates and the new library.

I purchased the 0014 library yesterday, and also got the Network Logo Graphics Library. I am sorry to say that I did feel that 0014 had the same graphic to dollar value ratio as the Network Logo Library had. To many of the graphics provided in 0014 were re-works of standard graphics wich should have been updated along with the program.

As ML keeps evolving, the libraries should evolve to take advantage of the program (charge accordingly). For the money, I would have like to have seen more new graphics as oposed to so many re-works of old graphics.

That said, in my mind 0014 is not worth the $90, but the total upgrade capabilities are well worth $90.

I look forward to working these into my next UI.

-- By the way, Just when I finish one UI, I start working on the next one - does this ever end? :lol:

Barry

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon May 02, 2005 5:09 pm

I am sorry to say that I did feel that 0014 had the same graphic to dollar value ratio as the Network Logo Library had. To many of the graphics provided in 0014 were re-works of standard graphics wich should have been updated along with the program.

Barry,
I completely and respectfully disagree with you. This library is completely new and doesn't use any of the standard graphics. All the graphics blend well together - whereas the existing MainLobby library was provided as more of a hodge podge initially to satisfy multiple tastes. On top of that, these buttons are more advanced than the current library. You can apply tints without affecting the text as well. Much more time consuming to create, but well worth the effort.

I think the screenshots speak for themselves.

You could certainly opt to spend $500 from here and still not match the value of all the graphics provided:
http://www.guifx.com/

Personally, I think the sliders alone in this library would be worth the price of admission alone. Coming from a graphics background, like I've said before, I know how much it costs. Experienced designers will run you $90/hr.

I think at less than a dollar per graphic - it's a fantastic deal. I do have a few additions planned for this library as well that will be free to all registered users. The great part about the GuiGraphix libraries is that they are not required. They are for the user that wants/needs more. A module approach like we've taken makes it affordable to just about everyone. Imagine if they only offered one vehicle at the dealership and it only included all the bells and whistles at a high price. You'd be paying for features you might not necessarily need nor desire.

While we may continue to expand the core library, it's not in our business plan to throw in every single graphic we create - because there will be thousands more graphics. It's also what put us on the map. ;)
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

bwally
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby bwally » Mon May 02, 2005 7:59 pm

Mario,

as i said earlier, after i purchased the library, i see great value in it.

as someone who is very time challanged i have always admired the work the you, Mark, Paul and some others have produced with MainLobby. so maybe Mark, as a reasonably procient user of ML, won't get the benefit that most others will. i don't see any evidence of a "recycled" work though, and in fact i see this library as a departure from previous offerings. this library has a much more integrated and fully operational design.

IMO, then only thing i think that could be done to improve on this, is if there was someway to integrate your trial versions of MusicLobby and DVDLobby bundled into a functional offering with the purchase of MainLobby and this library.
another steve

Bago
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby Bago » Mon May 02, 2005 8:01 pm

Mario,

Thanks for your reply. Maybe I simply don't get the significance of some of these graphics. The shapes of many of them are similar to previously provide graphics. I understand that these new graphics are designed differantly to take advantage of tint and shade, but the shapes are at least similar to the provided graphics.

I LOVE the sliders! I can't wait to implement them. They are new and absolutly exciting to cinsider their applications. I also like the window blinds graphic. These are very creative, exciting and unique.

I have only been working with ML for a year, so I suspect I am missing something big.

Barry

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Mon May 02, 2005 10:41 pm

Oooo... I like the comparison to GuiFX! For $500 a "developer" can sell the graphics to as many customers as they want - or, presumably just bundle it in whatever project they're doing.

Anyone care to sell me some really busy screens that happen to rely on the 0014 libary? :wink:

Or am I wrong about that? Is it $500 per every time they apply the graphics to every Crestron or AMX install they do? :shock:

And some GuiFX libraries for the MX-3000 are $100 - not all are $500... just the Crestron and AMX stuff.

Anyone happen to notice that GuiFX gives away ALL the network logos for FREE?!? :shock:

Here's the thing, Mario: it's evident to me that you find your time extremely valuable. I do the same of mine. I appreciate that your graphics are less expensive than the ones aimed at developers of Crestron and AMX system - systems which cost tens to hundreds of times more than a user-built Cinemar-based GUI environment. The thing is, you're not targetting that exact market - at least not with me... and I suspect I'm not the only person developing for their own use, not for resale.

Perhaps multiple licensing models are in order: one for home users, another for "unlimited use developers" and another for commercial resale. This is not a unique concept and might help develop all elements of the market at the same time without drawing a line in the sand for one or the other.

The other part that sort of drives me bonkers about this is the focus on the value of the "flashy" parts while giving away the core architecture of it... effectively putting no value on the work of the plugin writers or the writer of MLServer, but only on the sole discipline of the founder. I realize this is a common mistake of entrepreneurs (read "The E-Myth"), but it doesn't mean I think it's "the way it ought to be".

Add to this the apparently extensive time put into developing these graphics versus the long-overdue and much bally-hooed ML3 situation that theoretically could have benefitted from this extensive investment of time and it's just plain funky. :roll:

My usual sign-offs for such rants: everyone is entitled to my own opinion... and... with a smile as always! :D

mwhistle

Postby mwhistle » Tue May 03, 2005 4:06 am

gregoryx wrote:Oooo... I like the comparison to GuiFX! For $500 a "developer" can sell the graphics to as many customers as they want - or, presumably just bundle it in whatever project they're doing.

Anyone care to sell me some really busy screens that happen to rely on the 0014 libary? :wink:

Or am I wrong about that? Is it $500 per every time they apply the graphics to every Crestron or AMX install they do?

It seems you've misinterpreted the GuiFX licensing. The license flows to the end-user. $500 per end-user customer location (not developer).

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue May 03, 2005 2:06 pm

Mwhistle and all;

Yea, but how do they come close to controlling the licensing issue??

Once you have the files....well you have the files. If I look back through my library of graphics files (6,000 or so) that I have used in previous installations, I could not even tell you when or if I purchased them. I make my money in providing interfaces and solutions to control issues, and not on individual graphic components.

As for my comments on the above posts; Sit down in front of the tube, and create 100 unique graphics in FlashMX; package them up and then let me know how long it took. Not only will it take a long time, but having the creative ability to do so is the larger issue. You are not only paying for the creators’ time and know-how, but for there artistic talent. Go try to purchase one custom font for use in your work. The cheap ones are $350.00 each! :shock: For my $99.00, the new graphics package is a steal.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

gregoryx
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby gregoryx » Tue May 03, 2005 2:17 pm

Great feedback and perspective.

thanks!
:D

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun May 08, 2005 2:45 pm

Mario and all;
I have an issue with the installation of the 0014 library that I can not figure out. As with all other install packages, I have shut down ML/MLS and ran the install. All went well, but the library does not show up in Main Lobby during an edit session. Also, the packaged overlays scenes black screen due to the library issue. All files from what I can tell were installed into the correct directory structure. The Library0014.swf did end up in the ...\cinemar\library directory.
I have tried the normal uninstall/resintall with no luck.
Any ideas??
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Sun May 08, 2005 3:05 pm

DaveB,

Are you running the latest MainLobby 2.86?
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sun May 08, 2005 9:44 pm

Ok; I should learn to RTFM more thoroughly! :oops:

You are correct; When I did my reload last week, somehow I loaded 2.85a rather than 2.86.

Sorry! and thanks!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sat May 14, 2005 10:46 pm

Hi Everyone

I would like to say I love the new graphic package and that I think it was long over due. I am graphically challenged cry: and I love the result I have had with the new package. I hope that Mario will continue to add to the Library.

Here Is a few shots of the screens I made before the completion.

James Paquin
www.housetalkltd.com

BraveSirRobbin

Postby BraveSirRobbin » Sun May 15, 2005 12:22 am

Wow, you have twelve cameras! :o

Just curious, how are you getting them on your LAN?
-----------------------------
**** Do You Cocoon? ****

pacman
Intermediate
Intermediate

Postby pacman » Sun May 15, 2005 1:06 am

No I wish!

I have been building screens for our user to help with the Cinemar learning curve and this is a screen made up for user to alter, as they need. I have all my ML server Cmd left in my screens to help make it easier for anyone that want to incorporate touch screens with Hal.

I am presently building a whole series of screens that will control your whole home as some users are finding it difficult to map out their screens or design them. I want to include a page that will have 15-25 buttons that will change the theme of the screens such as Halloween sports and different colors.

Just trying to help out

James

Return to “GuiGraphix Libraries”