Library 28 Request

Add visual flare to your interface with our professionally designed GuiGraphix Libraries.
JaySway

Library 28 Request

Postby JaySway » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:02 pm

Could the weather icons from this set be made a consistent width? The graphic for "sunny" especially is quite a bit smaller than the cloud graphic. I would like for the images to appear in the center of the lighter colored bar as intended but that will only work if all of the possible weather images are the same size.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: Library 28 Request

Postby ronsatter » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:33 am

Hi Jay,

I don't have the 028 library, so I can't play with the objects ... but it seems logical that if the object which is displaying the various weather graphics (sun, clouds, rain, etc) is center aligned with the underlying bar graphic object ... it should not make any difference if the weather graphic objects are sized differently. That is to say, center for a smaller object is still center for a larger object. I noticed that your screenshot showing the "sun" weather graphic object is not centered over the underlying bar graphic object. The red boundary outline should be centered over the underlying bar object.

Make sure the two objects in question are vertically centered to each other. Maybe it was an oversight when the scene was built.

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

JaySway

Postby JaySway » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:44 am

Ron,

I think I understand what you are saying and I've tried to do exactly that but I can't seem to get it to work the way you've described. I've selected both the bar and the graphic and hit "Align" and then selected the option that corresponds to center. That works great until the forecast updates and the graphics change. When that happens, it seems to place the new graphic based upon the "X,Y" value of the previous graphic.

I thought that aligning the graphic to center would place the new graphic (regardless of size) over top of the center line of the old graphic but it doesn't seem to happen dynamically. If there's something I'm missing about how to align the graphics so that they stay aligned to center when dynamically updated I would greatly appreciate the pointer! The weather changes here so much I'm cleaning it up on an almost daily basis now. Fun!

Thanks!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 am

JaySway,

Can you identify which image that is by looking at the variable?
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

JaySway

Postby JaySway » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:20 pm

Sure, the image in question (full sun) is wx_85 but this is not the only image of the smaller size. I now have a day of snow coming, image wx_85, that is also a smaller width.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Jay,

can you delete or rename your mlserver\images\mlweather folder and then reinstall WeatherLobby?

When I open it, it's 128x107.

Also, double check to make sure your scaling is identical to the other images within the Button Properties panel. I know initially, Dave released a version with smaller images by accident.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

JaySway

Postby JaySway » Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:55 pm

Ok, I'm confused now. I thought that the library 28 had different weather images. Everytime I reinstall weather lobby I have to re-run the library 28 server installer to get the weather images back. Are they actually the same? I remember a previous post where someone said "if you like the 28 weather images just re-run the installer" so that's what I've been in the habit of doing.

I have checked the scaling and they are all the same. If scaling was the issue wouldn't it the problem always be on the same day "slot"?

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:45 pm

I am a little confused now too. I just checked and under mlserver>images I have MLWeather which has an 0028 folder and also under images I have MLWeather_large. Can someone point to the "best" ones to use? I am using the 0028 scenes as well.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:09 pm

Try pointing to:
c:\program files\mlserver\Images\MLWeather

The Library0028 was probably originally released with the different sizes like you are seeing now. The newer ones should be sized identically in the folder mentioned above.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

JaySway

Postby JaySway » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:32 am

After removing the \Images\MLWeather and reinstalling the latest WeatherLobby plugin I am seeing weather icons of a consistent width. However, the weather_adv scene that ships with library 28 appears to have been designed for weather icons that were 100 pixels wide.

I would suggest that the weather images be removed from the libarary 28 server install and the client scenes be updated to accommodate the wider image size. Also, the scenes currently ship with non-working maps because they are pointing to {{mlweather_map{{mlweather_active_map}}_url} which is no longer the correct server variable. It should be {{mlweather_map_{{mlweather_active_map}}_url}}.

Thanks,
Jay

Return to “GuiGraphix Libraries”