Graphic request - Temperature related

Add visual flare to your interface with our professionally designed GuiGraphix Libraries.
KW1816

Graphic request - Temperature related

Postby KW1816 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:43 am

Guys,

Is there any chance of a graphic that changes colour based on variable ? I'm thinking something like a cross between 0013_0020 thermometer and the old Lightfield01 from the original library. Something that starts as blue (cold) and moves through the colour band to red (hot).

I have temperature sensors in each room and currently have a scene with floorplans displaying the temperature values, and use the JPEG loader to load a 'room shaped' graphic based on a variable. A server rule sets a variable to 'Blue', 'Yellow' or 'Red'. JPEG loader then loads the JPEG determined by variable. E.G. 'Images\living room {{living}}.jpg'

Here's one of the 3 server rules for each room: Image

And the example scene I'm using is this one:

While it works it's a bit clunky and is limited to the 3 colours. Obviously you can't produce a graphic for each and ever room shape :D which is why I thought of the Lightfield idea, or a simple square or rectangle that can be multiplied to fill a space. Any thoughts ?

Regards
Kevin

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Re: Graphic request - Temperature related

Postby DavidL » Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:57 am

You could use button States tint control
Or you could swap out graphics with totally different colors / shapes dependent of value.

KW1816

Postby KW1816 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:08 am

You could use button States tint control
Or you could swap out graphics with totally different colors / shapes dependent of value.

How would that work with a wide range of values (e.g. -10 to +40) ? I'm using button states elswhere but only with single values. Ideally I'd like to remove any variable processing and simplify it.

The ideal way to do it seems to be with a ML library object ala the weather thermometer.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:03 am

You can specify the tintColor for an object loaded on the scene through an MLCMD:
MLServeCmd.MLCmd|{{clientname}}~setProperty|tint~layer~aliasname~TintColor~%Level

So you could try creating say 5 main colors to indicate the ranges.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:21 am

BTW, I was thinking of doing something similar based on exterior temperature a few years ago. But my plan was to change the background image color for all scenes. Probably the easiest would be to use Photoshop to create 5 different jpgs then dymically set a variable based on some temperature ranges. Then just by glancing at any scene, without even reading anything, I could tell how cold/hot it was outside. Plus this would change up the all the scenes look and feel throughout the seasons.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

http://www.cinemaronline.com

Return to “GuiGraphix Libraries”