Library 0019 live video buttons

Add visual flare to your interface with our professionally designed GuiGraphix Libraries.
johnj

Library 0019 live video buttons

Postby johnj » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:24 am

I have read in a few different post that video can be displayed using the buttons found on page 5 of library 0019. I have a capture card installed and I have video displayed using other programs but I cannot get video to display in these buttons. I see some of the of the buttons say configurable but I don't see how to configure them. Please help me understand these buttons and/or point me to a form that discusses this.

Thanks!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Re: Library 0019 live video buttons

Postby mcascio » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:12 am

Hi Johnj,

I would start by trying to get one of the standard windows working first since they are preconfigured to display video using capture cards 1 - 6 on your system:
• 0019_0100 Displays Live Video from Capture Card 1
• 0019_0101 Displays Live Video from Capture Card 2
• 0019_0102 Displays Live Video from Capture Card 3
• 0019_0103 Displays Live Video from Capture Card 4
• 0019_0104 Displays Live Video from Capture Card 5
• 0019_0105 Displays Live Video from Capture Card 6

You most likely only have 1 or 2 capture cards on your system. So add the first two to a scene and then go into Launch mode. If nothing displays, it's possible that another software is using that capture card. Only one application can use them at a time. You could also just add all of them to the stage.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

johnj

Postby johnj » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:31 pm

Mario,

From reading the other posts I thought it was supposed to be as easy as you described. I do not have any other programs running and have tried to see if anything was running in the back ground, specifically Microsoft Media Center but I could not tell for sure. I have uninstalled and reinstalled flash to make sure it is working and then played a flash movie on the internet. I then put every button on a scene one by one to see if I could get a picture. I never did get a picture but I did get a very weird error message, not in English, and then Main Lobby froze. I also received an error message from flash saying a script was causing my computer to run slowly. But I never could get a picture/video to show.

Here is what I am trying to do: I have several analog cameras, that I am running through an auto video switch. I will then use the ELK plug-in to turn the camera power on and off. If it works as planned I will then see the video from the camera that the ELK has turned on. IF front door motion will trigger the front door cam and Main Lobby will switch to a scene showing that video.

Any more advice would greatly be appreciated. If I can get this to work the wife will allow me to move on the to the next plug-in and I am getting a little impatient or should I say excited for the next add on. I just need to get this going and then decide what to add.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:55 pm

Not to jump in, but what the hell, I always do.

Question 1; does your capture board and driver produce a HTML web view of the camera picture? If so, is the port that it uses open on your fire wall?

Question 2; Is the analog capture card in the same machine as MLS is installed on?

johnj

Postby johnj » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:16 pm

I don't mind, any help is great. 1. No HTML web view, I don't have any idea how to set something like that up. 2. Yes it is on the same machine.

ronsatter
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Postby ronsatter » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 pm

DaveB wrote:Not to jump in, but what the hell, I always do.

And the forum would'nt be as productive if you didn't ...

Ron
If it ain't broke ... don't fix it!

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:05 am

Try getting the cameras to display with the capture card software that came with it first. If you can't get it working there, there's a good chance it won't work in MainLobby.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

johnj

Postby johnj » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:04 am

I know it works with other software so I guess the card is not compatible with MainLobby. The card is a Visix card that came with the HP computer. Does anyone know if this work with one of the TV plug-ins like MLSage. If not I will upgrade the card, if it does work with the TV plug-ins, are there any USB capture devices that will work with MainLobby?

ricks

Postby ricks » Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:19 pm

Just a guess here.

Sounds like it is a multi-channel card. If so, the card may only have one chip with the software doing the switching. Windows wouldn't recognize the channels on its own (w/o software). You would need a card with a chip for each channel for ML to see each one individually. Single chip cards are usually pretty inexpensive, maybe $100 for a 4-channel card. Multi-chip cards can run about $100+ per channel.

My experience has been that running 4 channels of video into my MLS machine with a 4-port, 4-chip card took a toll on the machine's cpu whenever I viewed the video. Also, as mentioned above, the ML clients won't be able to see the video, only the MLServer.

Starting fresh, I would spend the money on a dedicated DVR with web server capability. That way the processing is off-loaded to the DVR, archived video is stored on the DVR's disks and you can view both the live video and the archived video on the MLServer machine as well as the clients and via the internet when away.

Just my $.02
Rick

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:43 pm

I agree with Rick - I have my DVR on a dedicated machine someplace in my garage. It handles all the heavy work and just provides my MLS machine with the "feed"
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

johnj

Postby johnj » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:32 pm

I picked up a USB video capture on the way home today. It works fine with other programs but still wont work in MainLobby. That can't be two uncompatible cards can it? The dedicated DVR sounds great but thats a lot of money.

ricks

Postby ricks » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:17 pm

Those USB capture devices usually always work. It shows up in device manager as a video device, correct?

johnj

Postby johnj » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately that is how my luck has been going lately. I am so excited to get my system up and running how I have dreamed (well with my current budget) but nothing seems to work right.

It is listed in the device manager as USB 2861 device. That is exactly what the direction said it should be.

johnj

Postby johnj » Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:56 pm

Anyone have a USB capture device working with these buttons? If so what are you using? Or any suggestion on what to try????????

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:41 pm

We've successfully used the Belkin USB DVD Creator video capture device.
Mario Cascio

Cinemar, Inc.

Return to “GuiGraphix Libraries”