GuiGraphix Designer Library 0028 (Gallery) Released

Add visual flare to your interface with our professionally designed GuiGraphix Libraries.
sonypoolplr
Is there life beyond Cinemar?

Re: GuiGraphix Designer Library 0028 (Gallery) Released

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:45 am

Since this is my first "pre-made" library that I purchased, and I love it BTW, I was wondering what happens if and when there are updates to the scenes. I have so far made some major updates to incorporate my Homeseer variables into the lighting controls, (I know, I should be with MLIghting, but I already have HS so I use both). So I am concerned if a new update to a scene comes out, how do I incorporate the updated scen without loosing all my customizing? I have all my scenes in their own folder under Cinemar, so when I do an update, those scenes aren't updated, but if I want to use the new scenes then I loose my changes.

Thanks for any help on what everyone does with the new scene updates.

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 pm

In a similar situation here. It would be great if there was a basic guide on how/what needs to be changed/customized. i.e. my next task is getting the full version incorporated to deal with lighting control.

Some thoughts on what would be helpful:
Music zones
Music sources (XM and MusicLobby 3.75 specifically)
Lighting

I can figure it out by hunting thru and figuring it out but it would be great if there was a “map” :)
Kirk

Just trying to figure it out...

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:40 pm

I have been doing this for years, both for my home system and professionally. With pre-made templates such as this, there is no good way to incorporate the changes. The way I do it is this; If the new scene contains just graphic improvements, then I keep the old scene and just copy elements. If it contains scripting, macros and new methods along with graphics, then I use the new scene and copy into it my graphic mods from my scene. Make sense? There is no easy way!

This is why most of us who do this have our own set of scenes for all our customers, and it is not typically a scene set available here, nor will you see it posted here. Everyone gets the same scene with maybe different colors of a different background. All the menu structures and page layouts are always the same. If some one calls with an issue, we can easily assist them on the phone or on line.

The closest thing to this is the 0019 scenes. The basic scenes have been the same for 5 years with just minor tweaking.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner
:shock:

sonypoolplr

Postby sonypoolplr » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:51 pm

Thanks Dave. I haven't been doing this that long and I love the scenes that everyone has posted all over the site. I love these new scenes because I just don't have the time or the imagination to create things from scratch. But I can take the scenes and convert them for my use OK. :) Like I said, I just worry that I will lose my changes with an upgrade. But I do backup my scenes so even if I load a new one and I don't like it I can go back.

Thanks again for your reply.

mcascio
Founder
Founder

Postby mcascio » Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:01 pm

Think of the MLS files as Cinemar providing you source code. It's really no different than someone giving you source code for any other application. Once you make changes, and if another person is also making changes on their end to their version...there's no magic button to press to merge the two.
Mario Cascio
Cinemar, Inc.
http://www.cinemaronline.com

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm

I'm happy to manage my changes and if/when updates come. What I am looking for is comments in the source code :)
Kirk

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:51 am

After working with the full interface for a week, one of the best features on the control side is the addition of the "Rooms" concept. I have always preferred this concept and did implement it as part of my 0026 interface. I actually have made the appropriate room page the home page for each touch screen located in a room in my home. I have 6 screens total, one in each bedroom, the office, kitchen, entry and living room/theater. This concept works very well as all primary functions for that space are direct click.

My next challenge is to make the music and/or video now playing area match the actual room, rather than the whole home. This is a huge challenge with many variables tied into my two switchers. Should be fun.

The other item I have been playing around with is the scene backgrounds. If you have not tried it, I would suggest it. The interface takes on a completely different look with a different background. I will post some interesting combinations in the user interface area soon.

And a question for DaveP; Is the background skin value for the active scene (per client) exposed? If not, it would be a great thing to do. You could trigger a background change based on some other event or value. What comes to mind is holidays, night vs. day, alarm triggers and so on.

Once more - Great work by Margaret on this package. It is well worth the investment.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

JaySway

Postby JaySway » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:53 pm

I've been working with the 28 library for a few days now and have some initial questions. I apologize if my questions have been answered in previous threads and I've missed it.

Are there any plans for an XMLobby control page in the works? I guess I should have read the fine print closer, I assumed that media would include XM.

Secondly, is there a facility for controlling my Russound in these scenes? I'm a long-time user of the 19 library and have (apparently) taken this for granted. I find myself missing the "All off" "All on" and especially the mixer functionality that was in the 19 library.

I've never used Photolobby until now - I have it up and running on a trial but I cannot seem to get my pictures to match the format of the frame on the home.mls page. It appears that it uses a 1.5 ratio and all of my digital pictures are in 1.3 format. Are digital cameras doing widescreen format now?

CinemarDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby CinemarDave » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:33 pm

Version 3.75.4 of the FULL version of Gallery has been released. This version adds new scenes for XMLobby and Cable/Satellite remote controls. The new or updated files are named

0028_Navigator_Media.mls
0028_PVR.mls
0028_Nav_PVR.mls
0028_XMRadio.mls
0028_Nav_XMRadio.mls

There were no server component changes but the version number was incremented to keep in sync with the client installer.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:57 pm

Dave - are updates planed for media_mixer, media_denon or Media_avatrix?

and a side note - You need to attempt to figure out how to place a version column in the downloads page of the cart. It would be nice to know what you are getting prior to download.
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

kirkfrey
Expert
Expert

Postby kirkfrey » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:09 pm

I love the scenes! Since nothing is ever "done" ;) I have a suggestion/question:
Several of my zones - Outside and the kids rooms - have audio but do not have a client running in them. I control them from other clients in the house. These scenes work great with minimal tweaking for rooms with clients in them but they don't seem to be well suited to controlling "remote" rooms. i.e. each of the room scenes is tied to the client (many of the objects have {{clientname}}.

thoughts? Its very possible that I am missing something very obvious, so a shove in the right direction would be appreciated.
Kirk

DavidL
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DavidL » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:38 pm

Yes, These were issues that we grappled with when moving to DVDLobby 3.75.

Like: Multiple clients - {{clientname}} is used to keep track what a particular client is doing / displaying.

"Zones" - where I want to Watch or Listen to my media.

These are independent, but commonly same choices. ie: I am in the Theater Room controlling the system and I want to watch a movie in that same Theater Room. Or: I am in the kitchen and trying to put a playlist together of music to play on the back deck.

I have used "ActiveZone" to describe "where" to route the media choice. This is commonly set in a MLCycleStates defined MLServeCmd that sets the ActiveZone = BackDeck from the "{{KitchenPC}}" clientname.

DaveB
Simply Incredible
Simply Incredible

Postby DaveB » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:51 pm

Great explanation David!
Thanks!

Dave Bruner

bigDvette
Expert
Expert

Postby bigDvette » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:55 pm

I was trying to re-engineer a new navigation methodology for 0028 and make the room scenes more generic. In doing so I cam across several places where the nav_??? scense point to another nav_??? scene in the same layer.

Example:

Open 0028_room_office.mls. When you go to options, 0028_nav_lighting.mls is in layer 2 -overlayFX.

When you click edit on that layer and go to 0028_nav_lighting.mls, then open options, 0028_nav_environment.mls is in layer 2 - overlayFX.

I don't think this is intentional, can someone confirm so I know it is ok to clean this up as I go along.

For anyone interested my navigation methodology is going to be to break things up like I have my current scenes. Instead of a single menu that changes based on context, I have a zone menu button, media menu button and house menu button.

Zone is essentially rooms (or areas) and has lighting, local audio/video control, temperature ...

Media is context sensitive to zones, so if there is no video in that zone, there is no video sub menu and same for audio. Since I have access to every video or audio source in every room that has audio or video, my job is simpler and I can stop there.

House is reserved for non-zone specific items like Pool, Irrigation, Stocks, Weather, Overall Security, Calendar, Energy Management, Football Schedule, Caller ID ...

I shouldn't ever get stuck having to go back to the home screen after this change, but has't been easy so far.

MHd

Re: New Gallery DVDLobby 3.90 Scenes Released

Postby MHd » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:36 pm

The Gallery library has been updated with new scenes for the release of DVDLobby 3.90. Also included are 1920x1080 scenes supporting the new remote control functions of DVDLobby.
500BigScreen_Thumbs_lg.jpg
500BigScreen_Menu_lg.jpg
500BigScreen_Details_lg.jpg
500Gallery_dvd_thumbs.jpg
500Gallery_dvd_details.jpg
500Gallery_dvd_edit.jpg
500Gallery_dvd_filter.jpg
500Gallery_dvd_list.jpg
500Gallery_dvd_search.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “GuiGraphix Libraries”