FOR SALE: Actiontec MegaPlug AV 200 Mbps Ethernet Adapters

Buy & sell hardware to other forum members relating to home automation & home theater. Please do not list any products Cinemar sells - they will be removed.
jrfuda
Expert
Expert

FOR SALE: Actiontec MegaPlug AV 200 Mbps Ethernet Adapters

Postby jrfuda » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:27 am

FOR SALE: Actiontec MegaPlug AV 200 Mbps Ethernet Adapter Pair $60

These are Like-New and barely used, and I still have the original packaging. They worked great in 99% of my home, just not on the 2 outlets I needed to use for my application. Ive since replaced them with some 5GHz 802.11N hardware. If you have good powerline-based control coverage in your home, these will work well for you. Just happens that the outlet I had to plug the router-side of these into is the only one in the house that does not work (I had no flexibility without running a low-WAF extension cord to use it). The same outlet I wanted to use also is an X10 dead zone in my house, as Ive tested it.... What Im trying to say is these did not work for my particulat scenerio, but should for someone else. They have 4.5 stars with 48 reviews at Amazon ( http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QG ... oh_product ), so you can see for yourself. I bought them in May 2008, and used them for a week before I switched to the 802.11N harware. Ive been keeping them around becuase I though I would still use them elsewhere, but I get such good coverage with my hybring 802.11n 2.4/5Ghz network Ive decided to sell them. Im thinking the best candidate to buy these is someone who already has some working in their home and wants a great deal on 2 more adapters, or someone whos been wanting to try them but thought theyre too expensive.

I paid $119 on Amazon in May 2008. Street Price appears to be around $100 for new.

Your price: $60 for the pair.

Here are all the specs:

Supports HomePlug AV speeds up to 200 Mbps
Great for distributing TV signal or high-bandwidth content through power lines
Co-exist but not interoperable with 14 Mbps and 85 Mbps HomePlug devices
128-bit AES Link Encryption with Key Management
Compatible with any router or gateway

The MegaPlug AV Adapter also features 128-bit AES, which is a new type of security and the first available to the general public that’s been approved by the U.S.government for classified, top-secret documents. AES security is so secure, no computer existing today can break its code. What this means, essentially, is that you can make all your files top-secret, for your eyes only, and never worry about outsiders snooping around your personal business. Features

No new cables required. Uses the existing power lines in your home
Very easy to use. Simply plug in
Compatible with any router or gateway
Supports HomePlug speeds up to 200 Mbps
Integrated QoS
Co-exists with older 14 Mbps and 85 Mbps Home Plug devices.
Secure data encryption

Minimum System Requirements

Router, Gateway, or other device with HomePlug AV capability
Microsoft Windows 2000, XP or Vista
TCP/IP Network Protocol Installed
Internet Explorer 4.0+ or Netscape 4.0+ Package Contents

Product Description
Just when you thought moving big files from one device to another around your would be a complicated and time-consuming task, Actiontec comes to your rescue. With the new MegaPlug AV 200 Mbps HomePlug Ethernet Adapter, you can expand your current home network (using your already-installed power lines) and experience blinding transfer speeds, all at the same time! Now, you can transfer movies, or multiple songs, or any other large files, from one networked device to another, in minutes instead of hours, or seconds instead of minutes. Speed, Speed, and More Speed - The first thing you’ll notice about the MegaPlug Adapter is its speed. Hundreds of photos transfer from the computer in the den to the computer in the living room in a flash. A multi-gigabit movie file streams effortlessly from the kitchen to the bedroom. The Adapter includes a better way to manage all that data flowing through your bandwidth, through its expanded QoS (Quality of Service) features, which lets you decide what kind of data gets priority over other types. Security for the 21st Century - The MegaPlug Adapter also features 128-bit AES, which is a new type of security and the first available to the general public that’s been approved by the U. S. government for classified, top-secret documents. AES security is so secure, no computer that exists today that can break its code. What this means, essentially, is that you can make all your files top-secret, for your eyes only, and never worry about outsiders snooping around your personal business. Consider these features: No new cables required. Uses your existing power lines. Very Easy to Use…Simply plug in. Compatible with any Router or Gateway. Supports HomePlug speeds up to 200 Mbps.

Return to “Marketplace”