BETA - MLUtil by Krumpy

Discuss topics related to the plugins and uses for MLServer beta
JPlatt50

Postby JPlatt50 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:46 pm

Would there be a way to change the number of minutes before a monitor powers off (as set in the windows monitor options screen)?

SCREENSAVER>POWER>TURN OFF MONITOR

I believe a few years back someone on the homeseer forum figured out how to do this with the dpms program/utility.

Example of usage would be: during daytime hours the screen would power off after 60 minutes of non-use, but at night it would power off after 5 minutes of non-use. Anyone who has had a monitor in their bedroom knows what I'm talking about! :)

mediastorm
Developer
Developer

Postby mediastorm » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:26 pm

JPlatt50 wrote:Would there be a way to change the number of minutes before a monitor powers off (as set in the windows monitor options screen)?

SCREENSAVER>POWER>TURN OFF MONITOR

I believe a few years back someone on the homeseer forum figured out how to do this with the dpms program/utility.

Example of usage would be: during daytime hours the screen would power off after 60 minutes of non-use, but at night it would power off after 5 minutes of non-use. Anyone who has had a monitor in their bedroom knows what I'm talking about! :)

With some creative thinking I think you could probably accomplish this with existing stuff. Maybe something along the lines of setting a timeout variable with the number of minutes to wait for a dim and then use a conditional that runs every minute (or whatever interval you choose) that checks the var and powers up or down. You'll probably want a var for the monitor status and number of minutes idle or something along those lines.

You'll need to use MLConditional, MLMath and a bunch of vars but it should be possible to hack together.

JPlatt50

Postby JPlatt50 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:28 pm

I already have 2 hs scripts that handle turning on a light in my closet based on motion from a security motion sensor zone.

Script1 is ran whenever the motion sensor is triggered. It turns the light on, resets the countdown_timer to 60 seconds (or whatever) and enables the second script.

Script2 is recurring every second and counts down by subtracting a second from the countdown_timer variable and then checking to see if it is =0 which means it will then shut off the light and disable itself.

So every time the motion sensor picks up movement, the timer starts over. I was thinking of using this script setup for my touchscreen timeout but didnt know if sending _Monitor.On and _Monitor.Off 's every time I walk into the room would cause problems with the monitor short or long term.

donburkard
Expert
Expert

Re: BETA - MLUtil by Krumpy

Postby donburkard » Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:56 pm

i know this is ridiculously old but whats the deal with this? Is the monitor on\off function working or what? Is it built into the server now?
Hooked on HighDef

Return to “MLServer Questions & Answers”